1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Vs. DVD Shrink for Newbies

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dalekrob, Feb 9, 2004.

1. dalekrob

dalekrob Member

A total beginner to DVD backup's myself, I spent some time browsing these forums last week - and very useful they were too!

I'd already been drawn to DVD X Copy due to it's high-profile, and seeming ease-of-use.

Although the trial copy ran smoothly for me, I simply couldn't get the full version to get to the writing stage (I've got a very low-spec machine).

Ever the optimist, I downloaded DVD Shrink. With the use of the guides here, I found this lovely little programme a joy to use - compact and decrypt in one simple stemp, and then simply burn the files to DVD with Nero - every back-up I've made has worked perfectly, FIRST TIME!!

If there's other new folks reading this, who have also been drawn to X Copy, I'd suggest saving yourself any potential heartache (not to mention the purchase-price), and just use DVD Shrink!

Thanks for all your help whilst I've been lurking folks, and happy to be here with you now!!

Rob

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hello dalekrob. :)

DVD Shrink is indeed very user-friendly, but it is also very powerful (much more than DVDXCopy Xpress).

Some of its capabilities are demonstrated at:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php