1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X COPY VS DVD SHRINK VS DVD decrypter.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tfactor, Sep 17, 2004.

1. tfactor

tfactor Member

im looking at dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and i am asking myself why whould i pick up dvd x copy.

can someone give me the pros and cons

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'll give you a few cons for XCopy,

The company that makes it is out of business and it no longer has official support or updates. The software must be activated online and the number of sources willing to activate it are not only scarce but will eventually disappear.

The software is rapidly becoming out of date. It doesn't even support 8X burning and will never be updated to do so.

It has a large list of programs that will conflict with it and must be removed.

It costs money.

Take every point I made then look at the opposite end of the spectrum and you'll find DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. They're free, they're regularly updated and have no blacklists beyond packet writing apps.

3. JoshB

JoshB Member

DVD X COPY is very unstable in my view,DVD SHRINK and Decrypter.With this you can't go wrong all you need do is learn how to use them real easy too. OH = it's free!

4. tfactor

tfactor Member

thanks....

5. Caveman_2

Caveman_2 Member

Hey tfactor,

I highly recommend the DVD Decrypter / DVD Shrink combination over DVDXCopy / DVDXCopy Express. I was a user of DVDXCopy and I'll NEVER use it again. Although is worked alright for me, Decrypter and Shrink have never failed me (yet).

The great advantage DVD Shrink has over Express is that you can remove extra junk that you don't need (such as French/Spanish audio, unnecessary extras, etc.). Therefore, with each item you remove the main title quality is automatically increased. When I used Express, I think it compressed the whole damned dual layer DVD so it would fit on one burnt DVD. In some cases this isn't a big deal, but if you have a dual layer DVD that uses the entire available GB on both layers, compressing it onto one DVD yields imperfect results everytime!

DVD Decrypter / DVD Shrink are really great programs, so don't forget to donate to the authors!