1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy, Worth it?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Digibop, Apr 13, 2003.

1. pmaizitis

pmaizitis Member

Incidentally aparently there are some dissatisfied former customers of COPYDVDPRO on the U.K website DVD Reviewer ... see the threads at: http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=214&Thread=162230

2. tekbright

tekbright Member

No doubt that DVDX Copy works. It works EVERY TIME!! I am sure after reading a lot of forums that the problem a lot of peple have is the same problem they have with games and everything else. THE F-ing COMPUTER. Some people could'nt run e-mail for 10 minutes!! I can play Unreal Tournament 2003 till my eyes bleed. Most people have their systems jacked to the max and are more interested in how much speed they can sqeeze from their 1800 xp.Can your system run XP without freezing?

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

4. pmaizitis

pmaizitis Member

I have one new success story to share regarding DVDSHRINK .... I thought that I would have to go back to multiple programs to split a DVD in two (COPYDVDPRO failed at this on many DVDs causing error messages in Nero) ... I manually set the half-way point on the DVD in DVDSHRINK and cropped the files to two separate directories with great success! Kudos to DVDSHRINK!

One suggestion - would it be possible to program DVDSHRINK to detect the switch point for part a and part b of the DVD to ease this process of splitting a DVD? Not a showstopper and more of a convenience item.

Thanks again for such a simple yet brilliant program!

5. herbsman

Hi,
    I've not tried experimenting with splitting onto 2 discs...I had to wait for ages to get software that successfully backed up DVD-9 to 1 disc ! ; )
    I've had read threads where it has been advised to use IFOedit and change number of IFO to succeeding number to the one that [bold]Part A [/bold] finishes with..if you get my drift. I'd probably try DVD Architect first , just cos I have a copy of it though. It puts mpeg2 together & allows menu [w/ background music if wanted] , it'll even convert mpeg2 to .VOB .BUP .IFO aswell for the ppl w/out a DVD stand alone bereft of the capabilities of mpeg2.

Eer...cant think of anything to type , it's late & I've got an early one tomorrow.

Hope I helped with some kind of answer within all that waffle above : )-_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I give you all these seed bearing plants & herbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: May 24, 2003
  6. security

security Member

YOU MUST BE JOKING . DVDXCOPY FOR 50.00
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...-5113698-5729666?v=glance&s=software&n=507846
    ALSO TRY THE FREE EVALUATION VERSIONS
    ive been using it for apx 6 months and i have had NO problems with it. it looks like this thread was started in the first weeks in april
    and although some users did report jerky playback on some machines at that time (most probs solved by deactivating screen saver or NOT using text chat during a read/burn)the software is now much improved and has been revised/updated . i select my movie / play it into a temp folder / and burn it back onto my removable disc / in less than an hour . i have no playback problems. you dont need to, rename ,save,edit,compress,ifo,vob,....etc ....it just works i payed 100.00 for it and now its only 49.99 at amazon ! hey get the program and a spindle of discs and get burning also read the reviews on the program at the above link

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  7. herbsman