1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd x copy

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by scribbla, Nov 3, 2002.

1. scribbla

scribbla Member

just wondered if anyone has this softwear?? any good?? wanted to know as im thinking of getting it Thanks scribbla

2. wannabee

wannabee Member

Afterdawn has set up a forum just for that software. I've read some posts and the response is 50/50. Problems with the refund. Good Luck!

3. Leisure

Leisure Member

DVDXCOPY at best is poor software. I have tried many DVD ripping and burning tools and this is the worst one yet. Ater +- 10 tries I have burned one successful DVD. Thank God I was using DVD-RWs.
    Neither do they return phone calls or emails.
    I am trying to get a refund

4. walkerwde

walkerwde Member

I disagree I've done 10+ movies without a problem. I think it has to do a lot with the quality of media you use, and the burner your using.

I've never heard a anyone having a problem getting a refund.

5. Leisure

Leisure Member

The media I use is Pioneer and the burner is a Pioneer A04. I have used various software for copying and authoring such as Smartripper, Nero, DVD Workshop, DVD Decrypter and so forth. DVD X Copy has failed more than any other software I have. This thing is overpriced and apparently unfinished. Additionally, the lack of response to my emails is deplorable.
    I will post my experience in the news groups so that others don't make the same expensive mistake.
    As far never hearing of a problem with refunds that doesn't mean much considering it's only been released for 5 days. The percent of unfavorable feedback in these forums is pretty high.
    If you have backed up 10 movies you must be devoting a great deal of time over the last few days.
    All that and posting glowing reviews in the forums must keep you pretty busy.

6. Lanny

Lanny Guest

Can this software, or any like it, do anything with dual layer discs (which seem to be in the majoraty nowadays)?

Those of you who say there's better software out there, what do you recommend?

Thanks.

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

This discussion should be made in DVDXCopy forums at http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

And they pay refunds quickly, I know this by the stats I've received from users -- around 2 biz days after the request for refund, they pay it.

And the rario seems to be that for 75% it works and for 25% it doesn't -- the typical thing with forum posts is the same that I've always experienced when doing customer service type of stuff, such as running website: whiners whine, happy people stay quiet (which means that if 50% of posts are positive and 50% of posts are negative, it means in real life that there are vast majority of happy users). Think about it, when you've been in expensive restaurant, do you go to the manager after the meal and thank for good service, but if the food was crap and the waiter spit in your wine glass, you go to the manager for sure.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2002
  8. eamcast

eamcast Guest

Hi every one i have problem when i use this problem, the program function werry well but when i put in the buring dvd disc in to my dvdplayer Cyberhome that the problem is coming, the player is starting but after a f10 secon the film is freezing or not started, so what can i do so i can see my new burned dvd i my dvd player

9. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Because dRD is a little off topic, so am I. Marks and Spencers did a survey to see how many people complain and although (bear in mind, not Internet community, but old ladies buying undies community) lots of people had legitimate complaints they did not complain. I put this down to English people being used to things being a little bit crap (I think we actually like it thay way (-:) and just not bothering. However, the internet community expect their guarantees (If in fact they have put their hands in their pockets in the first place, which is rare!) to be fulfilled to the letter.

;-)

Paul.

10. BARRYE

BARRYE Guest

I have read so much about people wanting to burn dvd's, well if you have a dvd burner let me help you a bit and give all of you a great short cut in doing this. First off copying 80% of movies this way will keep it at 4.3 gb or less, use smart ripper and demux the movie file and audio file ONLY, now it should be around or under 4.3 gb then just put it in any dvd authoring software ( I use spruce up ) and just add chapters and that's it,burn it. It's that easy and if it is over 4.3 gb just put it in rempg and bring it down to 4.3 before authoring. If your looking for spruce up you can find it on the net if you look hard enough.