1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DJ1974, Mar 17, 2003.

1. DJ1974

DJ1974 Member

Has anybody tried using DVD X Copy for backing up PS2 games?

2. jm1

jm1 Guest

Hi. Not yet but just ordered a flip top and was planning to try DVD X-Copy as thats what i use to back up my dvds. Hope it does work :eek:) amyone alreday done ?

3. Blazino

Blazino Member

Did they make the updates so it works for Windows 98 OS yet?

4. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

noooo, dvdxcopy does movies ONLY.

5. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

DVD X Copy will not copy DVD PS2 games but Pinnacle Instant Copy will and PIC does not incorporate copy protection warnings and will make a copy of a copy DVD X Copy will not. DVD X Copy is crap! DVD X Copy is $99.99 US PIC is $29.99 US after rebate. PIC will also make bit for bit copies of all discs CD ROM, VCD, SVCD DVD, DVD ROM, PS2 and Game cube. Last time I am going to say it! Well.....there is DVD95Copy but I have not tried it yet as PIC does everything I need! Please do a search for topics on DVD X Copy before posting questions as this topic has been covered time and time again in old posts. Good Luck and happy hacking!

6. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

dvdxcopy is not crap. It's very good (best)for backing up dvd movies. The video quality and audio from the original is retained in your backups. I have no problems with dvdxcopy. They may not be interested in ps2 backups because they already have hollywood studios on their ass for their product, and to now add a giant like sony. One fight at a time I guess. I am pretty sure they have the interest and have gotten many queries about ps2 backing up and able to add the features but maybe later. Rite now, no.

7. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

You are right DVD X Copy is good for people who don’t know how to back up their DVDs. But it has no DVD compression uses 2 disks, adds another annoying warning you cant fast forward through, and will not make a back up of your back ups. Not to mention it costs $50 US more than Pinnacle instant copy (without the rebate!) The backups I make with pinnacle are just as good use only one DVD and look great on a normal TV and if you can afford a HDTV you can afford to purchase new DVDs when they get scratched. DVD X copy is not for everyone, I am glad you like it, I am sure you are also glad you paid $99.99 for it. But like the rest of us when it comes to money less is MORE! And you get MORE for less money with pinnacle instant copy. :eek:p

Definition: CRAP
    Date: 1575
    transitive senses
    1 : to free from impurity or corruption
    2 : to discharge from the anus

I also forgot to mention that DVD X Copy also incorporates your CPU serial number onto every DVD you burn, happy (pir8)ing.....for now!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  8. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

ok i hear ya.

9. TuNeR03

TuNeR03 Member

i have a fliptop on my ps2 v.5 i used dvd x copy to make a copy of my movie but it wont work on my ps2 i get a pink screen. but it works fine on my pc. what can be the problem?
    thanks

10. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

I hear princo media is most compatible especially for PS2.