1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Platinum , Burn complete?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by juca39, Jun 8, 2004.

1. juca39

juca39 Guest

I bought DVD platinum a few months ago and it worked fine until I starte getting lots of problems. The new problem I have is that after reading the disk and inserting the blank disk it prompts you to start copy. The start button turns blue so everything looks normal, but as soon as I press the start button it pops a window saying that burn is complete. But no burn at all. Nothing is in the blank disk and the disk is empty. I have been using the same blank media before and after the problem (fuji) and they worked OK until this problm. Does anyone knows what is going on? Buy the way I uninstall and install back the software (comlete). I also uninstall all conflict programs with 321, upgraded my driver firmware and upgraded windows XP. Need help.

2. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

There is your first problem!

There is your second problem!

As far as the media goes, you might want to try some different media. Ritek, ProDisc, Verbatim are all good brands. Fuji is kinda hit or miss, sometimes they use a good manufacturer and sometimes they don't. The big problem is that they don't make their own discs so you really never know what you are getting until you open up the box. Get new media that may solve all your problems.

As far as the software goes, have you tried any other programs or just DVD Platinum? If you would like to try something different and save your mind and money try DVD Shrink and Dvd Decryptor. Both are FREE, yes I said free! Both have really nice user guides. To top all that off both programs and their user guides can be found on this site. Nice, easy, simple, & cheap.

3. regnatl

regnatl Member

Hey Roeod4,
    I'm using a Pioneer 106D 4x burner w/ a external USB 2.0 case,Toshiba Satellite P3 1ghz 256 ram. I installed a USB 1.1-USB 2.0 PCMCIA card and the burns always fail when using the USB 2.0 port. I'm using Xcopy Platinum 4.0.3.8. -Works fine using the USB 1.1 port but very slow burning, up to 1.5 hours. Have any experience with this problem? -Reg

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

juca39,

Well you already bought it ... so might as well get some use out of it.

Things you can do:
    1) Be current w/ windows updates
    2) Make sure IDE settings are DMA
    3) Upgrade to most current "ripper version" v4.0.3.8
    4) Get different media ... also suggest getting RW's until you solve this problem
    5) Update your aspi layer

5. flip218

regnatl,

Are you running XP? Are you current on windows update? There was a usb update. Also are you current on your burner's firmware?

6. regnatl

regnatl Member

Flip 218,

Thanks for your reply. Everything is current. I was thinking of changing the manufacturer of the PCMCIA next. thanks again _Reg

7. flip218

regnatl,

Have you tried updating your aspi layer?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  8. smsmike

smsmike Regular member

Juca39 wrote:

"I bought DVD platinum a few months ago and it worked fine until I starte getting lots of problems. The new problem I have is that after reading the disk and inserting the blank disk it prompts you to start copy. The start button turns blue so everything looks normal, but as soon as I press the start button it pops a window saying that burn is complete. But no burn at all. Nothing is in the blank disk and the disk is empty."
    ------------------

I have burned at least 500 DVD's using X-Copy Platinum and it has NEVER failed to burn a disk after a successful read. I have also used some of the worse disks on the market, and they have ALWAYS burned properly with X-Copy.

However, when I first started out (a year ago) it took me a month of messing around to finally discover that it takes a REAL GOOD, HEALTHY, STRONG, Computer Power Supply to get consistent results with "any" DVD burning program. This is especially true if you are running Windows XP with ANY of the high end processors. If your power supply is even slightly shaky, you will have FITS trying to get any consistency when you burn disks. After I replaced my 350 Watt (economy) supply (that came with my compute), with a Heavy Duty 450 watt unit, I never had another problem with DVD's - no matter what program I decided to use for burning a disk.

The best system on earth will perform like CRAP if the Power Supply isn't up to the task!

SMS Mike

9. regnatl

regnatl Member

Flip,
    Re: ASPI layer
    No I haven't. I looked up what that meant. Would that be applicable? How is it done? -thanks again- Reg

10. flip218

A working aspi layer wouldn't hurt. The easiest to install is ForceASPI. Just download, unzip, and click instaspi. Then reboot.

If you want the most current version v4.71.2
    Download, unzip. Now click start, then run. Browse your local disk, click adaptec, then aspi, then install, then open.

In your run box it will say C:\adaptec\aspi\install.bat , then you need to type xp32 after .bat

C:\adaptec\aspi\install.bat xp32

Then click ok, then reboot. You could also just cut and paste into run box: C:\adaptec\aspi\install.bat xp32