1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Vault

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ag22, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Right before 321 hit 0 they were developing software called DVD X Vault. THis could compress 5 movies and fit them on 1 DVD. Of course it could only be played on the 7" portable screens but if you have one that saves some money on discs when youre going on a road trip. Anyways Ive looked at 321s website there seuccessors web site and the only info I got was it owuld now be called Vidoe Vault. But its sold nbowhere and I cant even get it off LimeWire. Does anyone know where I can obtain this software from?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ag22,

Multiple movies on single DVD - Shrink - recode2 - DVD2One.

Here ya go -

DVD Shrink and Nero’s recode2 are interchangeable. With DVD Shrink, you’ll lose your menu functions with Nero’s recode2 you’ll maintain them.

Create a file beforehand so that you’ll know where each DVD is - do that for all of the DVD’s you wish to work with.

Here is what I’ve found is the easiest if you don’t mind losing the menus (Little kids generally don’t mind stuff like that). First, rip all your DVD’s to your HD THEN, open each one in DVD Shrink (Open File) - go to re-author and move the main movie only to the left-hand side of the page, strip the beginning off till you are at the opening screen and strip the credits off from the end using the start/finish function. THEN compress it to the maximum twice, that’s right twice, running “Deep Analysis” each time and Quality Enhancements (I like Maximum Sharpness for this job).

Do this to all of your DVD’s.

You can also use Nero’s recode2 to accomplish the same thing though you’ll need something like AnyDVD, Region Free DVD OR DVD43 (Free) to rip the original DVD. For your worst case scenario, use DVD Decrypter in the "File" Mode.
    When you are finished processing your different DVD’s open recode2, select “Remake a DVD” then choose “DVD Video” at the top left of the page and then choose “Import Title” - use the “Browser" button to locate your DVD files in which your movies reside and bring them over. You have only to click and drag your main title over to the left side of the screen and release them under “Content” My disc. Click “Next” then “Burn” and you’re done -

Your second option, actually this is the one I use as I find it does a better job, I use DVD2One in the “Join” mode to hook them all together seamlessly and then burn to disc with Nero (in the Classic mode) OR any other burning engine though I prefer CopyToDVD.

And your last option is to use DVD Shrink and add the files in re-Author then shrink the whole thing then burn to disk with a burning engine (DVD Shrink cannot burn).

The most you can hope for is 3 DVD-9 movies on a single disc (most Disney DVD’s are DVD-9’s) - if you decide to do it to smaller DVD’s you can get 4 DVD-5’s on a single disc before your quality goes downhill. Expect new VHS Video quality. You will be amazed at the quality you get all things considered, them that’s tried it rave how good it turned out :D) -

Enjoy,

Pete

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Thankyou very much Scuba and Flip, I actually found a trial version of Xvault and it sucked (like you said) and Im familiar with Shrink, but I didnt put together putting 2 moives on one disc using the re author.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004