1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Xcopy Express???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jac12, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Jac12

Jac12 Member

I have XCopy and XCopy Express however I can't get either of them to see my DVD-RW drive.
    I have Lite-on Dvd-RW LDW-451S.Also CD-ROM CCD-52x6S.
    Any suggestions on how I can get it to see it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DVD Drive and rebooted. When I click the Drive Select nothing is there for either of them.
    I'm running win xp home
    512 Megs of ram
    AMD 1800
    40 Gig HDD
    Soyo SY-K7VMP2 MOBO

2. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

It may not be a problem with your burner or windows. DVD Xcopy Express may not be compatible with your drive. I would suggest Going to the sofwares website and see if there is list of compatible burners.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Good luck on that one :)

@Jac12,

Have you ever made a successful backup? Have you gone through the Black List? Is your LiteOn's firmware up to date? And are you using XCopy Gold (which has both XCopy and Xpress), or are the two seperate programs? And what versions?

4. Jac12

Jac12 Member

I have burned DVDs using it before. I have 2 seperate version both are updated with the last one offered. I have both DVD XCopy version 5.1 DVD XCopy Express updated before they took out the ripper.
    Jac

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried to re-install the programs? Have you added any new software? And you didn't answer my other questions.

6. Jac12

Jac12 Member

I'm sorry I thought I did answer you questions.
    Yes I did use it to back up other movies. Yes I did upgrade before the ban was on them and got the latest. Late last night I turned off my virus protector and did another reinstall and it finally loaded everything. I'm burning a movie now.
    Again, I'm sorry if I missed some of your questions.
    Actually I have two PC with burners. One is old with a Pioneer 104 updated to a 105 which has no problems burning anything but it takes forever.
    Thanks, Jac