1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Xcopy siezes my video driver!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Iatros, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Iatros

Iatros Guest

Having just installed a retail version of DVD Xcopy Platinum (it is still widely sold in western Canada!) I find I cannot open the TV function on my All-in-Wonder Radeon video card. The error message states that the driver is being used by another application, probably DVD software, which must be closed before the TV can be started. Trouble is, ostensibly the DVD Xcopy isn't open! I've tried re-installing the updated version of the driver, but that doesn't help. It looks as if the only solution is to uninstall the DVD Xcopy Platinum, which obviously I don't want to do having just spent big $ for it.
    Does anyone have any siggestions - short of replacing the video card?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I use and ATI AIW card and have XCopy Platinum, and mine works. Did this happen once you installed Platinum? Does it work if you uninstall Platinum?

Do you happen to have Nero?

3. Iatros

Iatros Guest

Many thanks for your response. I haven't tried uninstalling DVD X Copy yet, but that will likely be my next step. I hoped I wouldn't have to do that. I think my ATI card is probably older than yours. It's the AIW 128 Pro.

4. flip218

Well then you will know if it was XCopy that messed everything up ... my thoughts are it wasn't. Also once you've uninstalled XCopy, reinstall the ati drivers again.

Hmmm, don't know of that one. Are you sure it's not the ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128mb? Did you buy the card aftermarket? Or did it come with your pc?

5. Iatros

Iatros Guest

OK - I finally got it figured out! You were right - it wasn't DVD X Copy - it was XP SP2, which came down at about the same time. It must have been just after. I've uninstalled that and _everything's_ back to normal. SP 2 had also screwed up my network settings, my firewall and who knows what else! Oh well - another lesson learned....

Have a great week!

6. flip218

Hmmm, that's odd. I installed SP2 and everything works on my end. ATI TV, my wireless network, and my firewall all work.