1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Xcopy xpress question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mzzondo, Apr 26, 2004.

1. mzzondo

mzzondo Member

i backed up my first movie. on the computer looks good. in widescreen. when i put it in the dvd player comes up in fullscreen and looks a little stretched vertically. is there a way to control this? and which dvd media will play in a ps2? obviously not dvd-r...

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

You need to tell the program which one to burn. By any chance did you tell the Standalone Player what mode to play the DVD in. Not sure about ps2 don't mess w/ it

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey mzzondo, how are you,

As for the vertically stretched picture, we have to know what program you used to backup your DVD. If you backed up the entire DVD, as Mike mentioned, you should have the choice using your remote. If you tried to edit something, you might have gone and shot yourself in the foot (lol). Again, what program did you use ?

Get back with the answer, we may be able to help -

cheers,

Pete

BTW, Welcome to our Club :p)

4. mrman

mrman Regular member

Since the thread was called "dvd xcopy xpress question" im guessing that is what you used. When you hit the options menu you can select wide screen or full screen so you may have full screen selected and a wide screen movie and it stretches the picture to look full screen. Also yes dvd-r movies do play in ps2 evry brand of dvd-r that i have used have worked for me...
    so basicly set it to fullscreen for fullscreen movies and wide screen for wide screen movies.
    Also you could download dvd shrink which is a free program and i prefer it to xcopy.

5. vicster

vicster Guest

I'm going to presume you choose the right title set. Have you checked your dvd player? I know on mine you have to set the ratio on it or else the player will show all the dvd movies in full screen mode no matter if its a widescreen or not. So check your dvd player menu for the ratio setting. Hope this helps

6. mzzondo

mzzondo Member

wow thans for all the help! ill try some of this and see if it helps. as far as the the -r..is your ps2 a newer one? mine is a launch ps2 and it wont play a -r recorded movie recorded w/ a SONY burner, on SONY -r media? lol
    Did i waste my money on dvdxcopy xpress? i wanted sonething REALLY simple to use and it is..is dvd shrink as easy?

and TITLESET??? theres load dvd - press start - load blank dvd - press start - done? am i missing something?

7. mblue

mblue Guest

First off I maybe assuming that xcopy is smarter than it really is. When I first used it and put a WS movie in and tried to back up as FS xcopy stopped and said something like "it couldn't find the file" or something like that and it didn't work until I selected the proper mode. I would go with needing to look at the player. DVD shrink is very easy to use. If you have used xcopy express and way easy if you have used platinum. In my mind I base ease on success cause I hate coasters. Just my 2 cents. Luck to ya.

8. pudgy

pudgy Member

Yes, you wasted your money on xcopy. shrink and decrypter are both easy to use and best of all they are free

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Damn, I so love it when the Newbies find DVD Shrink, they'll go far I think :)

Pete

10. pudgy

pudgy Member

Hey Pete,

Whats your take on the new version of decrypter that was just released? Should I upgrade or stick with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Glad you asked, I updated the new DVD Decrypter and have been ripping "SHAZAM," The Series and have been having a bear of a time. I have to re-boot every time I burn a disc -

DON'T GET THE NEW DVD DECRYPTER ME THINKS IT HAS BUGGIES :-(

Pete

12. MidnightD

MidnightD Member

Thanks for that info ScubaPete. I downloaded the new one, but haven't installed it yet. I'm glad now that I didn't. You guys have saved my butt yet again...lol.

Do ya like fudge? :D

Kat

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, the ScubaPete Loves Fudge, espically Fudge w/ rasins (me Grandma "Grandma ScubaPete" made em that way)

The only problem is they melt in seawater :-(

14. MidnightD

MidnightD Member

Make a deal with ya Scuba, I'll add a little parafin to your fudge, so it won't melt as quickly, if you can help me with one little burning problem I have. I'll even throw in fat juicy rasins...;)

Kat

15. pudgy

pudgy Member

Thanks Pete, I am glad I asked for your opinion. Just a side note, I had two successful burns last night, using your burning guide, Life is Good.

Sher

16. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

lmao@grandma scuba pete!!
    I love your gif btw...long live uncle scuba pete.
    blaze on clubbers
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

MidnightD,

?? - Is it something personal that’s burning and ya want ScubaPete’s help ta sooooth, your fevered brow Or is it WORK :-(

"P"

18. MidnightD

MidnightD Member

Hey Scuba,

I solved my burning problem, but I'll still make the fudge for ya. And how well do you sooth personal burning peoblems??? Tell me more...:D

Kat

19. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Kat,

"Uncle" ScubaPete ment that is a "Dutch Uncle" kind of way. I don't want to become so exicited that I could blow a gasket :p)

Pretty ladies might upset my natural balance, Ya know :D)

"P"