1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Xpress 3.0.1 Unable to identify my DVD drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DaveH, Jan 27, 2004.

1. DaveH

DaveH Member

Hi, I've just installed the software and the first thing I'm asked is to choose the DVD drive. When I drop the list down, it's blank !! No sign of my brand new NEC 2500 8x writer. Any ideas please. It works fine under normal circumstances, Nero sees it and writes to it, it plays audio/data cd's with no errors at all. I've uninstalled Xpress and reinstalled but get the same blank drop down each time.
    Thanks very much
    Dave

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DaveH,

When you uninstall Xpress (uninstall from control panel, add & remove programs), reboot your PC. Then reinstall, reboot again, then open Xpress and you should be given a "pull down" to select your burner from :)

Give it a shot -

"P"

3. DaveH

DaveH Member

Pete, thanks for this, but I had already done this (more than once). Sorry, I should have said so in my first message. I've removed all entries from within the registry also, but still no joy. What I'm gonna do now is rebuild the system as I haven't done this for all of 4 days !! It needed doing anyway, it's not quite the answer to the original problem but I'll kill two birds with the one stone this way. Thanks for the reply anyway.
    Dave

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi DaveH, Do you only have 1 dvd drive on your system? I remember reading that if only 1 drive is present the drop down will be blank and to click on the blank space. Not sure if this is the case because I have 2 drives.
    Jerry

5. DaveH

DaveH Member

Jerry, Thanks for this. I wish I could say it worked... but unfortunately not. Something has obviously gone astray when loading platinum on top of Xpress and instead of wasting everyones time, I'll stick to the original plan and rebuild. Hell, isn't that what people do on Saturdays !! Thanks for the reply. Dave

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Saturdays are always good for a full re-format and complete re-install of everything. Nothing better to do.
    Jerry