1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2AVI doesn't work

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Ivo1977, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Ivo1977

Ivo1977 Member

After a crash last week I had to re-install all my software. Ever since, DVD2AVI is one of the programs that doesn't work the way it used to.
    Before, I always was able to import a VOB-file and convert it to a high-quality AVI-file by selecting MPEG-4 compression.
    Now, I can still choose from several compression-options but I no longer have MPEG-4 options. Am I missing something? A plugin, a certain version of certain programs?? I don't get it...

Who can help me?

Greetz,

Ivo

2. ink_sling

ink_sling Guest

Yes, you need to install all the codecs that you had before. What operating system are you on ? Search around for Nimo's codec pack, search on google for "codec pack" or "codecs"

3. Ivo1977

Ivo1977 Member

Hi Ink_sling,

Thank you for your help. I've found the Nimo's Codecs, downloaded them and now I can use DVD2AVI the way I wanted.
    You also solved my other problem, TMPGEnc didn't recognize NTSC MPG-files. It seems to have found the codecs as well and is working fine now.

Thanks again!!

Best regards,

Ivo

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  4. ink_sling

ink_sling Guest

No problem. Anytime. Enjoy =)