1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2one and smart ripper/dvd decryptor have gone insane!

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by marcman4, Oct 14, 2003.

1. marcman4

marcman4 Member

ok, ive been using a combo if dvd decryptor or smart ripper, dvd2one, and nero to make my movies.

recently after upgrading dvd decryptor, i've been getting some weird error messages when trying to rip a dvd. something like cyclic redundancy check error, read error, etc. Thats fine, i thought it was just because the dvd was scratched. So i would just rip it in smart ripper.

But now i get that error in every dvd i try to rip. Sometimes it cant find the key, orther times it just gives some weird error.

So i'll use smart ripper to rip it. Fine.

But here comes the sad part. I'll use dvd2one 1.3.0 (or whatever the newest one is) and I'll get a blue screen of death! this has never happened before. i have NEVER had any problems with dvd2one. So i went back to an older version of dvd2one to try that. So when it gets to like 50-75% done encoding, i get an error saying that "dvd2one cannot use encrypted data" or something like that.

But the files wouldnt even be on my computer if they were still encrypted. So what the heck is going on?

I would go back to an older version of dvd decryptor, but i cant find it. But if i successfully rip all of the files with smart ripper, why am i getting a BSOD with the new dvd2one, or "encrypted file" errors with the old versions? This is making me sad cause i cant figure out what is going on :(

2. xtrail

xtrail Guest

Might be a good idea to uninstall all your dvd software. Clean your registies with a cleaner like reg cleaner (freeware from www.jv16.org)do restart and run scandisk and defrag.Re-install software. I am not a fan of Nero as it dont like sharing a computer with certain software. Rather use the recom software with DVD2One from VSO it works fine. Visit DVD2One site for more detail.DVD Decryptor works fine follow suggestions per this thread. Hope this helps

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest doing a system restore to the day before installing new DVD Decrypter...

I've been using DVD Decrypter 3.1.6.0 , DVD2One (used all of them but on 1.30 at the moment) & Nero (again used many versions to date but at present using Nero 6 Ultra) without any problems whatsoever : )

4. marcman4

marcman4 Member

im embarresed to say, but i think my problem came from scratches on the dvd the entire time. i wont even get into the things i did, but thanks for all of the advice :)

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

No problem m8

By the way in the new DVD Decrypter you installed is there or have you checked the box 'Ignore Read Errors' as I think this helps in the case of (slightly scratched discs)

peace , herb.