1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2one error with little black book, and the forgotten.

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by zombieman, Jan 18, 2005.

1. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

I posted this error in the dvd2one forum and never got a response after several days. on both "little black book" and "the forgotten" around 65% the following message pops up. It goes on to cancel the process. DVDshrink will do it but I really would like to continue using dvd2one for all my future movies. is anyone else getting this error? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. Dryxel

Dryxel Member

A little Research and your problem would have been solved easily.
    use VOB Blanker to Rip the dvd to your hard drive.
    then use any dvd resizing application to resize, and use any DVD buring Utility to Burn.

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Try the new AnyDVD v4.5.5.1 or DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 it will allow you to rip both movies.

4. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

Dryxel, I know how to do it. And I know how to research things. However how to do it using other software was not my question. I've already copied the movie using DVDdecrypter/dvdshrink/copytodvd. but i want to know if this error is a common error to others using dvd2one. And if there is any setting that can correct the error. thanks quick response though.

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Did you try the new AnyDVD v4.5.5.1?
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

How about some research here.
    http://www.dvd2one.com/

Monday 10 January, 2005
    ARccOS Update

First off good news, we ordered the hopefully right version of a ARccOS protected disc!
    BIG thank you to all the people who mailed us the correct UPC code :D

Wednesday 5 January, 2005
    ARccOS petitions

We noticed that recently a petition has started about the lack of ARccOS support in DVD2one and DVD2oneX

First of all we where quite stunned by the fact that the people beyond MacTheRipper stated that you should petition to us about ARccOS support, especialy considering the fact that they contacted us back in November 2004 about this problem and we replied twice to their email with several propositions to collaborate on fixing this problem once and for all but we NEVER got any reply back from them!
    The same goes for the people sending the petition via the contactform. When we ask about some specific and very trivial information considering the protected disc they claim to have a problem with, the answer never comes back. Very frustrating as you can imagine, we are willing to fix this problem without a doubt! But we need to know several trivial pieces of information about the protected discs! Things like Title of the movie, country of origin, UPC/BAR-code and region. So we can buy the disc(s) ourselves and look into the ARccOS protection in detail and come up with a working solution.

Yes we are aware of several claimed titles but none of the above mentioned details are known to us, and so far by our knowlegde no ARccoS protected discs surfaced here the Netherlands. So basicly what it comes down to, if you happen to own a disc with confirmed ARccOS support contact us directy via the contact form!
    Contacting us with the petition request is rather useless because without a protected disc we can do NOTHING!

On the bright side, so far we heard that only the FULL DISC mode is not functioning with protected disc's, MOVIE ONLY backups should work flawless.

6. Edward249

Edward249 Guest

I tried Little Black Book using DVD Shrink, and had a small problem myself. I reauthored for the movie only, and when I tried to play it, the screen stayed blank. If I fast forward, the movie starts, and I hit play, and no more problem. But if I do not hit fast forward, the screen stays blank for over 3 minutes. Any ideas?

7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

When you Re-authored for movie only, you should have used start and end frames settings to remove the blank frames.

It's just the area where the bad sectors are and they're no longer skipped because dvd shrink rewrites the IFO files.

8. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

zombieman

I know you don't want to use other software, but try DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 to rip and then use DVD2One to compress. That woked for me with Little Black Book.

sirmugen

9. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

hmm it didnt work with little black for me or the forgotten. I think "the forgotten" is a different protection than even the little black book was. o was able to get it to work with dvdshrink on both. just really liked using dvd2one on everything.

10. ivandiz

ivandiz Member

I'm having the same error messages as Zombieman. I'm using DVD Decrypter 3.5.1.0 (with AnyDVD) & DVD2One to compress and Nero to burn.
    Is there any settings I should be aware of when using AnyDVD along with these programs?
    Thanks

11. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

the maker of dvd2one has not yet received a disk protected with the new ARccOS protection. Therefore, they cannot update there software to support the new compression methods needed for disk with the protection. Give them a little while, im sure it wont be long.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  12. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

ivandiz

get the new DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0, and then use Shrink... that should do it.

sirmugen

13. graff5861

graff5861 Member

Sorry to sound so dense, but I also tried to copy "Little Black Book and ran into a brick wall. I threw everything I had at it and was still turned back. I used DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter (both latest versions), DVD Fab and DVD 95 Copy. The latter is supposed to defeat ARccOS protection. I got the furthest with that. After around an hour and a half, I got a message that the program could not read the disk. DVD Shrink was the worst. I got just in the analyze and froze. DVD Decrypter started its thing, but hung up on one of the large VOB files. I tried to copy the disk at a friends house and ran into the same problem. Are there some settings that I am overlooking? I downloaded DVD Region Free and will try again, but at this point, I am not very optimistic.

14. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

15. Egypt322

Egypt322 Guest

The movies "The Little Black Book" and "The Forgotten" seem to be giving everyone problems. Could it be the movies thenselves? Are the makers getting smarter putting a copy protection on them? I know I have used every software program out there. I now use Apollo DVD Copy. It copies perfect in one click and it will play on my computer DVD-rom but will not play on my TV dvd player. It says "Disk Error"

16. jwo62

jwo62 Member

dvd2one should be updated shortly. read this thread:http://www.dvd2one.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=632&sid=7598533c2b51a17954753b37dbd5568a