1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE newbie question :-(

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by xASPx, Nov 21, 2004.

1. xASPx

xASPx Member

Sorry, but this question is such a newbie question.

what does DVD2one do???

i tryed reading around, this forum a little bit, but i could not understand what does it do???

the forum was talking about smartripper, dvd shrink, and nero.

i have nero, and i use dvd shrink, both are great programs, but whats dvd2one, and smartripper???

thanks for the help.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi xASPx, welcome to aD,

SmartRipper is just another ripper like DVD Decrypter (there are always many proggys to do the same thing :)

DVD2One is an excellent (and extrtemely fast) proggy that is, IMHO, the best there is for combining 2 or more discs together in a seamless or non-seamless mode. Some larger movies like "Goodfellows" and "Pear Harbor" are so big they are split over 2 discs OR 2-sides of a single disc (called "Flippers"). DVD2One allows you to put both sides on a single DVD. It can also take a DVD-9 and encode it (process it) in about 18 to 20 minutes. Episode type series can be put together, one after the other using DVD2One. It can edit and compress and join - for that, I rate it as excellent. The draw backs - it doesn't rip or burn so you need something else. It is setup to work, hand-in-hand with CopyToDVD, an excellent and extremely fast burner. Teamed with AnyDVD, IMO, the best "behind the scenes" ripper on the market, and CopyToDVD as a burner DVD2One makes a truly top-notch DVD backup package well worth the investment.

All of the above named proggys have trial versions which I urge you to try.

To help you out in the future, here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a Search function. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question - Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following is a little confusing so stick with me ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each page that is empty and has the word "Search" printed by it. By typing in a request, in your case, "DVD2One" - It should give you some associated material found throughout the forums. Pple who are asking the same or similar questions and answers to those questions. Some stuff you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies You with me up till now ? Good ! Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want then, in some very small print, under the heading "FORUMS", then under that "FORUM SEARCH", you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search". Heh, heh, Ya still with me ? Yea, I know it's messed up - Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " DVD2One ". I'm sorry it's so "round about" but we do have a lot of information for you :)

Browse on through that and, if you get stuck using a guide just stop on back and we'll try to help you over whatever "bump" in the road you've hit or are having trouble with we'll try to help you get over it -

Cheers,

Pete