1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One Sound Options

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by corngrits, Feb 21, 2003.

1. corngrits

corngrits Member

I'm pretty new with this and just had a question about the sound channels you can pick before converting the movie.

Sometimes it comes up with just one or 2 options: 6-channel & 2-channel AC3 so I pick both.

Other times it comes up with several AC3 2-channels and only one 6-channel. What sound quality will I lose if I only pick one 2-channel & the 6-channel AC3, disregarding the other 2-channel AC3's.

This question come about while I was backing-up Fight club. There is one 6-channel and 7 2-channel AC3 options.

While I'm on the topic...
    After decompressing it I had trouble using DVD2One when I selected certain audion channels. I got the error message that the info was still encrypted. Anyone ever have this happen.

Thanks for your help and time

CG

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Do you use a ripper like DVDdecrypter or Smartripper ??
    The sound options are , from what I think f.e. Stereo, dolby surround or dolby digital etc
    I allways choose them all.

3. corngrits

corngrits Member

I use DVDdecrypter.
    Is Smartripper a better program?
    I'll check it out.

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

There are usually multiple audio streams on every DVD. The best to choose (depending on your home theater setup) is just the AC3 6 channel English (and/or DTS) as all players can downsample/decode this (not DTS) into a 2 channel setup if you don't have 5.1 but when you upgrade you will have it already.

I myself just pick the 6 channel dolby but not the DTS (acts funny in my PS2). Hope that gives some clarification.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2003
  5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I also use DVDdecrypter !

6. robdridan

robdridan Guest

can anyone tell me how to burn the movie so it gives me a menu for sound options. Ive burnt monsters inc. with dts and d.d. but because no menu is created you can't choose wihch sound format to play back on the dvd player.

7. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I am sure you can, with the remote of your standalone DVD player.

8. robdridan

robdridan Guest

yep, your right. Ive always used my amp remote which also controls dvd also and had to use the movie menus to choose sound options, will have to reprogram my learning remote with the audio choice button included- thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2003