1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE Trial version

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ECW, Mar 3, 2005.

1. ECW

ECW Member

I read that the trial version on compresses the first 30 minutes of a movie. Doesn't that mean the trial will not work on all movies? Is there a way around this? TIA

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

The easy way "around" this is to purchase the program if you like it.

3. ECW

ECW Member

I agree and most likely I WILL buy it. I just would like to be able to "try" it on a whole movie, not just the first 30 minutes. I apologize for being a newbie but doesn't that mean that the trial version will not give you a complete backed up disc? Or is compressing only the first 30 minutes enough? Sorry if I did not word my first post right. This sounds like a great program. I just want to be sure it will do what I need. :)

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Unlike the AnyDVD trial which is time limited, this version lets you try their program but only the first 30min of the movie. This is a more restrictive trial method which probably discourages repeated downloadings by those who don't like spending money.

Don't apoligize for being a "newbie". We all are or have been at one time or another.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  5. ECW

ECW Member

So then I guess my question is will the Trial version do a DVD-9 to DVD-5? Will the first 30 minutes be enough or is this just so you can see how the program works but not be able to do a complete backup? TIA

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It's the first 30 minutes of the recorded movie, as I understand it. You won't be able to complete a backup of the complete movie. There are free trials of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 that are good for a 21 day period. Freeware such as DVD Dcrypter and DVD Shrink are highly popular and only slightly more involved to use (if any).

All of these will do the 9 to 5 compression.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  7. ECW

ECW Member

Thanks bilbo65 for ALL your help. I appreciate it VERY much. :)

8. leewantit

leewantit Guest

Hello I have 2 questions if someone would indulge me please? I have downloaded the trial version of DVD2ONE and love it, BUT when I play the 30 min. version allowed I do not get the Intro screen with audio options and scene selection etc. is this normal?? I am afraid to purchase the product if this is a malfunction and DVD2ONE is not going to make an exact copy.. My other problem is that I went to the DVD2ONE site just to see what it costs and I am not given a way to purchase the proggy... I live in the Oregon U.S. can someone tell me is it purchaseable in the U.S.??? Do I have to wait out the 14 day trial or am I S#@$ out of luck here??? Thank you to anyone that may answer my questions.... :)