1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE vs. DVDremaster

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by SVcabron, Oct 14, 2004.

1. SVcabron

SVcabron Guest

I'm a newbie but, I've been on this forum for a couple of weeks. I know I need a compression tool to fit movies bigger than 4.37 gigs on to a DVD-R. I would like to know that which tool is better. I know that DVD2ONE is more, but is it better than DVDremaster. Thanks for any responses.

2. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

I've only used DVDRemaster. Works flawless every time. I am not too sure if it's any faster or slower, but it's what works for me. Hope that helps.

3. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

Yes,dvdremaster is better quality,and much faster.
    i set quality to 'best (slower)' and Recompression to 'M2VRequantiser'

4. SVcabron

SVcabron Guest

Thanks, dfiddy and RED_BULL. I appreciate the responses. I was leaning towards the DVDremaster to begin with.

5. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I've used dvd2oneX much more than remaster. I like the fact that remaster has different algorythms for compression.

However dvd2onex has these awesome features that remaster does not:

1. The ability to select "Movie Only" and leave out all extras and menus.
    2. Join mode which is great for dvd's that have multiple episodes (star trek, sopranos) Or you could use it to join several dvd's together.
    3. Ability to select which subtitles you want to keep or remove
    4. Better job of explaining what each of the audio tracks are.

I just did Vanhelsing with dvd2onex and both settings on remaster. I have yet to compare them though...