1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One vs. DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by tedtropy, Feb 14, 2004.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

WTF r u talkin about
    i use shrink ALL THE time and when i used to use DVD2One the video came out grainy and shimmery in high motion scenes. has NEVER happened in shrink

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2004
  2. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

hello everyone, i'm new to this forum. i would like to say that it is very nice and help full.
    i just bought a dvd burner (ASUS) and it can with some stupid software that were only trials (cheap bastards) i paid 2bills for it. i tried to use them but to no result. so after hours of trying many programs and looking for some ideas i ended up on this site. did some reading on the forum and found some great ideas,
    i tried dvd shrink 3.1.6 along with nero 6 and i was finaly able to burn my dvd's. it was so easy to use and i'm very happy i found this site.
    i would like to thank every one for posting all there ideas here cause with out you, i would still be trying and trying to get what i needed.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Most excellent there, jacka$$,

Glad to have you aboard, We [bold]LOVE[/bold] new people :D)

Iffin' y'all need some help, just scream an' we'll jump right in :)

Pete

4. zoidy

zoidy Member

Guys,
    I'm not an expert, but I'd like to throw some thought into this thread. It's great that so many people recommend the above software - if you read through the thread - most have had good results at some time or another with their chosen DVD-WR software, GREAT.

The knowledge I've gained from reading your threads is... "shop around, try the free stuff, shareware stuff and the top-end stuff. when you find the software you like, use whatever is comfortable for YOU.

There is no perfect choice... Remember, everyone's optical drive, P.C.s Hardware/software specification is going to be slighty different to the other and you need to find compatability with what your using anyway.

Great site by the way...

Zoidy

5. hawkserf

hawkserf Member

Hi there .I use DVD2One almost 1 year with no problems at all.I have burned over 250 Dvds and the quility i think is great.I used also DvD xpress copy but i found out that in the dark areas where too many visible pixels so i compressed the same dvd using DVD2One and the results where equal to the original one.Since then i use it all the time.I think it is much more easier to use than dvd Shrink.So 3 are the basic programs that i use Decrypter,DVD2One & Nero.I used DVD2One on too long movies & Music DVD's and still the quality was great.At list neither me or my friends could see any difference from the original one.

6. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

dvd shrink
    -free
    -more features
    -better visual quality
    -cut out credits and unwanted chapters

7. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

Everyone might want to check out the artical here http://dvd.box.sk/articles8.php . Is says that Dvd2one is better than shrink. But that they are not the best. That for image quality IntervideoDVDcopy and that dvd copy express is even better than shrink. They post still frame pics to show the comparisons. I just got IntervideoDvdCopy Platinum and have redone only 3 movies so far but it is good and easy to use.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]2 PIONEER A07 / 107 8x ± hacked firmware
    2 TDK 440n 4x ±
    RITEK RULES !!!!
    Best way to backup that movie
    1 DVD Decrypter
    2 DVD2one or Intervideo DVD Copy Platinum
    3 Nero 6.3[/small]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  8. brian100

brian100 Guest

preyzeuss

I saw that link...i think it may be a rigged result. Compare the "original" & "intervideo" shots at 300% and see if you can see a difference..i cant !!

For my two penneth..i dont use dvd2one or shrink..but shrink is better..in my opinion..more options..more control...better image quality..and its free..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2004
  9. jzukow

jzukow Member

I'm wondering if in the comparison test on
    dvd.box.sk, they used DVD Shrink's Deep Analysis feature.
    I've used both DVD Shrink v 3.1.7.5 and the Intervideo's DVD copy, and I don't really see a difference.
    Also the times to encode seem to be about the same.
    I like DVD Shrink's interface better (more options). It seems to me that DVD Copy seems too basic, much like DvdXcopy. Has DVD's Shrinks encoding quality increased with revisions ?

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

As I said back on page one - Think of it like ice cream, people like different flavors, no explanation why -

I won't argue about theoretical differences, I trust my eyes -

The differences are when doing a “double” backup of the same DVD, CopyToDVD (the partner of DVD2One) and CloneDVD can continue in the write mode where Nero must take DVD Shrink's file and write them again prior to a second burn :-( A loss in time for that particular job only. (rarely can there be any viable reason for a "double" backup)

It then comes down to cost and who can argue Free against $$$$ ?

Again, try them all, be happy with what works for you :D)

Pete

11. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

I use decrypter along with shrink3.1 its easy and the quality is great.
    I only have one problem with the decrpter some times i get a file error does anyone no why? But i think decrypter and shrink are the way to go FREE is always better. i give it 5 stars

12. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi guys,
    I use Shrink 3.1.7.6 and Nero Burning ROM for the majority of my work. I have never had a movie that Shrink could not decrypt.

I use Recode to do video slide shows, I can combine my slide show project with video, then burn it.

Once dual layer burning arrives, it will be interesting to see what people will begin to use.

Cheers,
    Frank

13. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

dvd 2 one is more straight foward, and much faster than DVD Shrink, but DVD Shrink has (Slightly) better quality, and has more features. Plus its FREE

but dvd 2 one is perfect for movies that dont have to be compressed that much, or if you want to make a fast backup in a flash.

but Shrink is great for longer movies- i copied LOTR-Fellowship of the Ring with Shrink and it came out perfectly. My DVD 2 One copy seems to shimmer, and in high motion scenes "pixillates" out of controll.

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

pcshateme,

Most people don't compare a single frame, the best way to measure 2 different compression metheods side by side. I once thought I had a problem comparing a moving video (Scareface) - it was a scene where DeNero was visiting his Mom - then I immediatly put the original up using my PIP guess what, suprise, suprise, they were both excatly the same - when you have 2 movies, stripped the same and hence compressed exactly the same, there is just no way a human eye can tell the difference - that is a job for a therotical computer - Being that close with the stuff we have available to us - I'm satisfied !

When I can put 3 DVD-9's on a single DVD and barely tell the difference - I'd never worry about a single movie. (4 DVD-9 movies, now THAT you can tell the difference in.) To continue on, (Pete, must you?) Ohhh yes says I, I must.
    DVD-5 movies can be done with supprisingly good results - but trying to put on a 6th - well that just doesn't work at all :-( - "P" -

NATLADY,

I used to get an I/O error too. I finally found out what it was -- you need to uncheck the "Verify" button in Decrypter and then life will get better in "WhosVille".

Give it a try and you'll see for yourself :)

Enjoy, and Welcome to the Club :D)

Pete

BTW, I have and I've compared DVD Shrink, DVD2One, CloneDVD, DVD XCopy, XCopy Xpress, Aclohol 120% and Nero recode 2.

Rippers, AnyDVD, DVD43, DVD Decrypter, SmartRipper -
    All that and I've got no idea which is better (outside of XCopy and DVDFab). See Yaaaaaaa
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  15. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

THANX ALOT LOVE YA MAN YOU MADE MY LIFE A LOT EASIER
    KEEP UP THE GOOD INFO..........!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

NATELADY,

Esta no problemo.
    You're easy to please :)

"P"

17. TOMMMY

TOMMMY Guest

I like dvdShrink but im having problems with the burning part. It gets half way done I get a burn error
    kicks out the disk. I have nero6 im using dvdshink.
    im using fuji dvd-r disks I have the new sony burner I have dvdxcopy platnum dvdshrink nero6 i also hve memeorex dvd -r but it not working can some plese help im spending lots of money for nothing

18. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Hey Tommy... peruse the newbie forums first. Check out the guides then start a new thread.

19. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

Hey tommy try DVD+R i believe that decrypter and shrink only burn to +r check your set up i had no problem and all buning. If you have to unitall shrink and reset it up ok..

20. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

Pete where do i find verify looked all over did not see it HELP!!!!!!!!!