1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One What is the Best Operating System for this?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by SabreLord, Jul 24, 2003.

1. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I am currently using DVD2One on Windows ME. Does anyone know if this programs works under Windows 98 as ME keeps crashing.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It works under Windows Xp just fine

3. An6eLo

An6eLo Member

I currently use Windows ME as well and find that DVD2One works quite well on it. Maybe you can try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. If it still does not work, go to this thread for a comparison in other software you could perhaps use:

[bold]Top Compression Tool [/bold]
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/42408

4. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

DVD2One is quite stable under ME on my system. It occasionally crashes when I do other stuff on it, sometimes testing DVDRs on it makes it crash. I just wanted to know whether DVD2One works under Windows 98 as I used to use that and never had any problems under that O/S.

Thanks for the replys

5. cpb353

cpb353 Guest

I've used DVD2one with Windows98 but found it to be a bit slower. I normally use XP but have called on win98 once or twice.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Both Windows Xp and 2000 are fine for DVD2One

7. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

How much longer does Win 98 take to do a movie compared to Windows XP or 2000?

8. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I think a bigger question is how much memory you have on your system. Keep in mind w98 doesn't like more than 128 MB of RAM, and I think ME is somewhere along there as well. 2000 and XP use all your RAM as well as virtual memory. I can sometimes notice quality issues when I run other programs at the same time as DVD2one. Also after each DVD2one compression I re-boot my PC.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, Kens right, its not just the operating system, its RAM and processing power as well. With a p4 2.53GHz processor and 768MB DDRAM, with Xp it is great.