1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2OneX

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by RoboZan, Dec 2, 2004.

1. RoboZan

RoboZan Guest

I have a rant!!! I purchased and registered DVD2OneX in January of 2004... I had a major system crash and lost my license code for the program, so went to the back-up discs, and reloaded everything...DVD2OneX did not retain the licence code, and the site to recover the code has no record of my email address, and they won't even respond to my emails, so I am out over $60.00 for what is now, no more than a demo version of the program. My point...write down your License Code somewhere where it won't get lost, because they don't keep your records for 1 year like they say they do....I'm looking for another comperable program...any advise anybody??? I'm not paying for DVD2OneX again... I

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I haven't played with it very much but many say dvdremaster is cool. It has a function that re-encodes the actual m2v's so I want to try that.

3. RoboZan

RoboZan Guest

Thanks! I'll check it out and get back with you. By the way,somebody told me to check out Roxio Popcorn....not very impressed. I can only open and use it once. When I close it, it won't re-open. I have to do a fresh install to get it to open again, and it's a 1 time deal...every time. I'm going back and forth with Roxio support as we speak...may be conflicting with 1 of my rippers or maybe one of the codecs that I have...so ya may want to avoid that one.
    Robozan

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Ok, now i HAVE done a few movies with DVDRemaster. The m2vdownsizer does work awesome! It takes a long time though, even on a fast machine.

5. RoboZan

RoboZan Guest

Think I found a good one. Fast DVD Copy. It does it all, Rips, Compresses & burns in about 90 minutes on my G4.

6. surfsnow

surfsnow Member

RoboZan - others...
    Did you use DVDRemaster... that rips, compresses and burns? I have tried using MacTheRipper then burning the files with Titanium Toast and also tried using DVDBackup but there is no compression function to fit the entire DVD on a blank DVD...
    If you are using it and work well please let me know.
    thanks.

7. RoboZan

RoboZan Guest

MacTheRipper, just removes the Macrovision, encryption and usally allows you to change the Region Code. Another ripper that does a very good job is DVDBackup, but you need another program like, I'm ashamed to say after my experience with the company, DVD2OneX, or similar program to compress the data to 4.4 gb or so...then you can burn th TS_FOLDER with Toast. FastDVDCopy does it all and so does Roxio Popcorn, although I have had several problems with Popcorn. It will only open once. If I close the program, I have to completely reload it to make it function again...I am waiting on a response from Roxio, but haven't heard anything..I will keep you aprised if that iis a program that you are interested in. I have never tried DVDRemaster, so I couldn't give you a clue there.
    ROBOZAN

8. surfsnow

surfsnow Member

thanks,
    have you ever heard of or used StuffIt? i am wondering if i could use that instead of DVD2oneX just b/c i dont really want to pay for a program that could crash!
    is FastDVDCopy a free program? i did hear bad things about popcorn...

9. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

You must be fairly new to the mac. Stuffit is a compression program for files on the mac. It does not compress video.

FastDVdCopy is not free. Not much is free but mac the ripper is!