1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2SVCD 1.21 Build 1 released

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Shoey, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Shoey

Shoey Guest

[bold] Changelog [/bold]
    28 aug 2003 version 1.2.1 build 1
    - Bug fix: In the former version, if you were using CCE you had to enabled "Add ResampleAudio" in the frameserver tab. That was a but I had introduced, which in this release have been fixed.
    - Enhancement: AVI Files with Dual Audio is now supported (finally).
    - Bug Fix: Fixed an Aspect Ration problem when using ProCoder and CVD resizing.
    - Bug Fix: Some movie queries on IMDB could fail with a Stringlist out of bounds. Fixed.
    - Change: DVD2SVCD now uses two different methods to calculate the CQ value depending on if you're using CQ_VBR or just CQ.
    - Bug Fix: The chapter extraction and preview would fail if the DVD had sporadic encryption (that is the key can only be found in the beginning of the DVD)
    - New Feature: Added DVD2DVD support by using Scenarist 2.6 or 2.7 (woohoo finally)
    - Enhancement: Validation on the Avisynth Plugins (So that they match the Avisynth Version)
    - Enhancement: Different INI files is now being used all depending on what you select as Output File Type (DVD, SVCD or VCD)
    - Change: I've moved all the AVISYNTH_ Scripts into a file called AVISYNTH.INI
    - New Feature: Added a very unintelligent AVISYNTH Script editor in the frameserver tab. So now you can avoid using notepad. I might add som more intelligence behind it with fancy colors and more options, you never know ;)
    - New Feature: If you use a ~ in front of a line in the avisynth scripts that line will be put as the absolute last line in the script. Then you can use the monitor dll or perhaps the kronos dll. See below for a sample.
    - New Feature: If you use brackets around a parameter name in the avisynth script it means it can use all kinds of characters and signs. For instance the normal accepted characters is a-z and _ and . Like this LoadPlugin(!SimpleResize.dll), but using brackets you can do this Loadplugin(![Simple&Resize.dll]) and it'll be accepted. I don't think I'm being very clear, but as ddogg says, I suck at explaining things.
    - Bug fix: A combination of using NTSC2PAL and External Subtitles would result in subtitles out of sync.
    - Bug fix: If a subtitle only had Command data and no Pixel data dvd2svcd would hang or exit with an Access Violation. (A movie that does this is Human Traffic PAL Nordic)
    - Bug fix: The new Avisynth 2.5 had problems using DirectShowSource on a MPEG1 file, therefore the length of the VCD muxed files could fail which would result in a no go for vcdxbuilder.
    - Change: When Using CCE's 1-pass-vbr dvd2svcd used to use the calculated bitrate as Max. Bitrate in CCE, but that has changed so that it's using dvd2svcd's Max. Bitrate from the bitrate tab.
    - Info: If you select "Use current encoder default matrix" but uses a CCE Template then the Matrix in the Template will be used. If you don't use a Template the current encoders Default Matrix will be used.
    - Bug fix: The Hyper Threading problem has been fixed. Thanks a bundle to Druid for his help (letting me use his computer, thanks)

DVD2SVCD 1.21 Build 1 download:
    http://www.dvd2dvd.org/

Shoey :)

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Thnx shoey, this one slipped past me :) lol

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You're welcome m8. Did you by chance notice that one can encode to VCD (Misc. tab folder\output file type) in this new release? I'm going to encode ESPN's Extreme X Games (40 minunte clip) to VCD using Canopus ProCoder\Cinema Craft Encoder and see how good the video playback is.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2003
  4. Dela

I encoded to vcd on an older version of it, wasnt, MPEG-1 always an option?

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You're correct m8, looks as if VCD replaced the MPEG-1 option?. I did a test VCD about 3 monhs ago and my video playback was "jerky" so I thought I would give this new version a go. I used TMPEnc as encoder for my test VCD and choose the best settings(2-pass VBR\highest quality so I don't know if the playback problems was on my end, or something else. I'll post my results in a couple of days.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2003
  6. Dela

I always actually found that TMPGEnc gave jerky playback, sometimes so faint that u vcant see it unless u really focus but you know what I mean!