1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2SVCD - bbMPEG error

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Drag0n, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Drag0n

Drag0n Member

I have an XVID file with AC3 audio and I want to convert it to VCD. I am using a guide from Afterdawn (http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd_to_vcd_with_subs.cfm), I have only taken those settings needed in AVI->VCD conversion from that guide. Everything goes fine, but when bbMPEG starts to multiplex the files it gives me the following error "Error reading from an input file". Now I am wondering if there is any way to fix this problem?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2003
  2. oak1

oak1 Member

Is the error cannot find 00.mpg or something like that? If so try a different directory for the output file. That worked for me once.

3. Drag0n

Drag0n Member

oak1: Thank you for replying. By telling to "try a different directory for the output file", do you mean to change the save in folder in the bbMPEG tab in DVD2SVCD? If that is the case, it didn't help

4. oak1

oak1 Member

Make sure that the save in folder and the default ouptput folder are the same. The default output folder under the misc. tab. You can go to the bbmpeg tab and go to the adnanced settings (output settings) and make sure that the stream type is correct for the type of output you want. ex. if you are making vcd set for vcd and so forth. If that don't work let me know and I'll see if I can find anything else on it.

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

do you have small memory

i always used to get stupid problems like that before i got more memory

6. Drag0n

Drag0n Member

oak1: thx for helping, but it didn't work
    ABMone: I do have small memory, only 256MB, but I shall upgrade it to 768MB next month so I will then see if it helps.

Well I am still open to suggestions for future use, but I have decided to just watch the damn videos on my computer.