1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2SVCD encoding times, please post your results

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Shoey, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Shoey

Shoey Guest

One can accomplish about the same encoding times(depending upon primarily cpu speed) using D2SoBrA 2.46+DVD2SVCD+ CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder). SVCD= superior video playback, I have no reason to convert to cvd.

Shoey :)

2. coreydj

coreydj Member

does anyone in this forum know where i can get cce. the one i currently have leaves the cce logo in the screen...it must be a demo...i want the real thing.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Look on p2p file sharing clients such as: eMule, eDonkey,eJackass, NewsBin Pro (best of them), KaZaA Lite, Limewire Pro

4. slagfart

slagfart Guest

Thanks for the guide. Unfortunately, when I run D2SRoba, it freezes dvd2svcd at about the audio processing step.

I also heard that the embedded dvd2svcd version of D2SRoba isn't automatic, and this will be introduced later.

Eh?

Another topic, cvd actually yields better visual quality than svcd when you're scabbing off a dvd. Here's how:
    The china video disc resolution is half the horizontal resolution of a dvd. This means that you're getting a nice crisp picture when you resize rather than a bit of deformation, especially when you're not using some beefy resize script that photoshop has. But, it's pretty hard to mess up deleting exactly half the pixels.

And on the topic of getting rid of the cce logo, get a crack off www.icouldgetdeactivated/real/quick.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2003
  5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use latest version of D2SoBrA 2.50 beta 3? (XPass Roba D2S) encode.
    Can't minimize DVD2SVCD during the encode process. My SVCD video playback is beyond amazing and I find no reason to swith to CVD.

D2SoBrA 2.5.3: http://home.no.net/tylo/
    DVD2SVCD 1.21 beta 1

[bold] Note that I edited your post slagfart as links to "cracks" are forbidden [/bold]___X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2003
  6. slagfart

slagfart Guest

Roger that, Shoey. I'll stay away from naughty things.

Just a bit ironic, considering this is a forum about copying DVD's.

Even though DVD's on this side of the world are exorbitantly priced, and the recording industry's have recently been hit for pricefixing by the feds,I only use mine for legal pourposes, and so does everyone else here, but you never know when some filthy communist might log on and get some ideas.

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I backup my DVD's m8, I don't copy DVD's.