1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2svcd problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dmbrown99, Oct 30, 2003.

1. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

Hi there,
    usually I can convert avi to mpeg using dvd2svcd but however a certain avi file is causing me problems. It starts its conversion but when it gets to the tmpgenc part it skips through it extremely quickly. When the creation is finished i get a small file which when i try to play it the following message is displayed on my windows media player 'AVI Source autodetect:couldn't open file (c:\program Files\dvd2svcd\movie\Avisynth_Script_file.avs,line3)'any other avi file converts no probs but not this one. I have watched the avi file before converting it, so i know there is no probs with it. please help

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you have an AVI file then why are you useing DVD2SVCD...Just Load the AVI file into Tmpgenc and encode the Friggin Thing to SVCD, It can"t be any easier than That...And because you can watch your AVI file does not mean that there isn"t anything wrong with it...Media Players are Made to Skip over errors so if there was an error in your file you would probably not even know it, But an encoder will Notice it because it has to analize each and every frame....good Luck

3. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

one problem..tmpgenc does not support avi files. i have been encoding films for years so i am no beginner. i have done loads of films using dvd2svcd..its jus this one does not work, which is bloody annoying!!!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

UM...You are Very Mistaken, Tmpgenc Supports AVI ,ASF ,Mpeg ,Vob ,Mov and Many Forms of Frameserver files...I used to work for Pegasus doing Tech support for Tmpgenc so if you are haveing some sort of Problem getting Tmpgenc to Load AVI files Post it and Maybe I can help...Cheers