1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by mulhunter, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mulhunter

mulhunter Guest

Could someone please give me instructions on how to install dvd2xbox to my hard drive assuming i am using evox and an xbox with the standard hard drive. I have been trying to ftp it to the hard drive with no success. thanks

2. bennyd

bennyd Member

I assume that you have your box modded and your ip's all set up. Go into flash fxp and click on quick connect. In the server block type in the ip of your xbox, leave the port at 21, user name is xbox and password is xbox. Then hit the connect button. 6 folders will pop up in the window on the right C,D,E,X,Y,Z. Click on the E folder. Make a folder called Apps. Now when you got DVD2Xbox it should of been in .rar format. Unrar it to a folder on your desktop. Name the folder DVD2Xbox. Then is flashFXP just transfer the DVD2Xbox on your desktop to the Apps folder you made in the E folder of your xbox. Restart your box and go to Launch Menu, Apps, and it should be there. Hope this helps.

3. mulhunter

mulhunter Guest

my xbox is softmoded if that's what you mean?

4. mulhunter

mulhunter Guest

now see, i did exactly what you said, but when i restart my xbox it's not there, i've done this like 10 times now, i'm really getting pissed. what am i doing wrong?

5. mulhunter

mulhunter Guest

also when i downloaded dvd2xbox it was in a .zip file instead of a .rar file, does that make any difference?

6. mulhunter

mulhunter Guest

every time i reboot all that comes up in my apps menu are ltools and mini-linux.

7. bennyd

bennyd Member

No it doesn't matter what format DVD2Xbox came in. So you made a folder in your E: directory and called it DVD2Xbox. Then inside that folder you put all the extracted files and folders that you extracted from the *.zip file. Inside the DVD2Xbox folder there should be a (acl folder, logs folder, media folder, patches folder, default.xbe file, dvd2xbox.nfo file, dvd2xbox.xml file and a MakePPF3.exe file.) Make sure those files are in there. If it still dosnt work leave your email and i will send you pics of what mine looks like in FlashFXP.

8. mulhunter

mulhunter Guest

still doesn't work, could you please send me the pic and a good source to download from. mail at EMAIL ADDY REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  9. bennyd

bennyd Member

Yes i will send it now

10. bennyd

bennyd Member

Did you get my email? If so did you end up getting it to work?

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

@mulhunter-no email addresses in posts dood.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ mulhunter

Let's have a look at the forum rules - no posting email addies.