1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd43 compatibility

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kinza, Aug 20, 2004.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

I have searched throughout the forums and seem to get even more confused about the compatibility of dvd43 (the older and free version). I installed DVD43 from its official website and also installed pattin-couffin. Is this program compatible with Nero 6 Ultra Edition? If it is why isn't it working. Can someone please describe what is supposed to happen when I have the program installed and I pop a dvd into my drive? Thanks in advance.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

DVD43 is simply a small app that runs in the background and dynamically bypasses CSS encryption thus allowing certain "ripper-free" apps to see the disc as non-encrypted, nothing more. There isn't anything you "do" with it. Just start it up and let it do it's thing.

It will allow you to use Nero Recode2 as if it (Recode) had a ripper and the only thing you should see it do is the yellow smiley face in your system tray will turn green when it detects an ecrypted DVD in your drive :)

3. cromwell

cromwell Member

What's the difference between the free version & the time-limited version apart from not having to install the patin-couffin bit? (& the cost)

4. Nephilim

Hi,

There's hardly any difference aside from the patin couffin requirement and of course price :)

5. cromwell

cromwell Member

'Sold' to the person with common sense!

Many thanks - will stick with the original then

Regards

6. Nephilim

Lol! Take care buddy :)