1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd43 + DVD Shrink combo has outlived its usefulness

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by amaze122, Feb 20, 2005.

1. amaze122

amaze122 Member

I tried to burn "Friday Night Lights", and "Shark Tale" using this old favorite combo, and burned both movies to the hard drive okay, but got "illegal disk" errors when trying to copy to disc (which of course, renders the disc useless, a "coaster"). I tried using Shrink by itself, then tried selecting the "unreferenced material" (the video of that little jerk jumping by the badminton net), and choosing "still image". More "coasters". I was going to try Dvd Decrypter next, but since I had only four days left in my trial period for AnyDvd, and I had never used it, I decided to use it before it expired. It worked like a charm, and I have burnt copies of both movies to disc with no problem. I think this is because dvd43 is not updated, whereas AnyDvd is kept on the cutting edge by updates. The only thing I miss is: Dvd Shrink analyzing usually takes 30 minutes, and 1hour 30 minutes to encode. With Dvd43, it took 18 minutes to analyze, and 22 minutes to encode the same movie(I forget which movie I tested it on)! Huge difference. I just finished Chappelle's Show, season one, disc one, and of course, Shark Tale, with Anydvd and Shrink, and they took about 23 minutes to analyze, and about one hour to burn. Oh well. A hard price to pay, but until dvd43 gets it's act together, the new champs, (although slow), are AnyDvd + DVD Shrink....
    By the way, even though I never got to try Dvd Decrypter, lets face it, that would have added another 45 or 50 minutes to my time, whereas AnyDvd's work is done concurrently, because it just sits there in the tray while DVD Shrink does its work...

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Check out their recent updates DVD43 say their latest version will decrypt those.

This is a link to the official Free version.

http://www.dvd43.com/

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2005
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The amount of time any program takes to decrypt a dvd depends somewhat on the type encryption on the dvd. The newer harder ones take longer to decrypt so don't always blame the software on the time factor. If it gets the job done then thats all that matters. The other factor involved is the size of the original. DVD5 originals take about half the time of a dvd9 original.

Jerry