1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43 & DVD2one dont get alonG?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by squijello, Mar 24, 2005.

1. squijello

squijello Regular member

I am trying to get dvd2one to copy a movie. The problem that i am having is this, i installed dvd43 and have that running in the backgrond, it has a green smiley face, then i open up dvd2one trial, and go to the final option screen at which point i receive an error "Encrypted date detected dvd2one can not decrypt protected data", i am running DVD43 though, whats going on?? is this right?

btw....i dont want to use decrypter, whats the point of the extra step? and if this is the case then wouldnt that make dvd43 completely useless.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

If you don't want to get a sucessful copy don't use DDVD Decrypter. DVD43 is obviously not working for you so drop it.

3. squijello

squijello Regular member

so this is not normal? my xp install is recent so there should not be any software conflicts... anyone else experiecne this problem?

so i just tried anydvd and dvd2one and it worked, so obviously the problem lies in DVD43... how often do they release new software?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Don't use DVD43, too many conflicts for me, so I don't know. I use AnyDVD which is upgraded quickly as needed.

5. squijello

squijello Regular member

what about the dvd43, that you need to purchase...seems that this works fine, why would the real version not work and the paid copy version work"?

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I don't understand what you're saying. Please explain.

7. budberner

budberner Guest

never pay for dvd43free the free one works the best but not even close to anydvd your'e getting had if you pay for dvd43free 21 day trial on anydvd

8. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

Your problem is that DVD2One is a trial and will not do the entire movie (read trial). Go tto www.dvdidle.com and download the trial version of DVDFab Express and DVDIdle Pro. Their trial versions include the full version for thirty day use and the DVD43 (real) version is included in DVDIdle Pro. Seems as if DVD2One only lets you backup 30 meg of info just to try it. Ditch it in a heartbeat its garbage anyways. DVDFab Express is the way to go.

9. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

BTFSB, i have the full version of dvd2one(not the 21 days trial) and i'm having the same problem as squijello. dvd43 free brakes the code and dvd2one says that can't copy encrypted data.

10. Jazzar

Jazzar Member

Ive been backing up my movies for about 2 years now using only dvddecrypter (sad too see it comming to an end) and DVD2ONE.
    Ive had virtually no problems at all with DVD2ONE.
    I find it very user friendly AND VERY FAST.
    How you can call it garbage - I dont know.
    Cant comment on dvd43 etc since i found what works very well for me
    and have stuck with it. if it aint broke -dont fix it.
    DVD2ONE well worth the fee for the full product.
    My opinion.

11. nemesees

nemesees Regular member

I too use DVD43 to back-up my movies. That runs in background and I also use 1ClickDVDcopy. These 2 programs work well together. There are movies that cant be copied using this method because they are too long. Thats when I use DVDSrhink. The reason I prefer the former is because it makes a perfect copy. The latter cuts some parts out and thats how its shrunk. Another snag I might run into is the movie is decrypted so thats when I use the decryptor. One more thing I noticed is to make sure that the DVD is clean as just a tiny smudge can give the programs an error.

12. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

shrink for long movies; i desagree with you on that one, 1clickdvd copy compression limitations are better than that of shrink.