1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Gristle, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Gristle

Gristle Member

I hate my DVD43 which was recommended when I bought One Click DVD. I bought anydvd but when I try to delete DVD43 it takes the driver for my DVD drive with it. I mean to say that the computer won't even recognize that I have a drive until I choose a date from an earlier time to set the computer back to. Any solutions for this pain?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Delete DVD43, then go to device manager and uninstall your burner drive. Reboot and Windows should reinstall the burner properly.

Jerry

3. Gristle

Gristle Member

Thank you for your time Jerry. I followed those instructions but when I rebooted the computer it still did not recognize that I had a drive. I went back to device manager and there was a warning icon next to my drive. So I had to restore the dvd43 to use my drive again. What do you think??

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats strange, I had DVD43 on my pc a few weeks ago to try out the newest update. It worked well and then I uninstalled it because I normally use Anydvd instead. I had no problem with my drive at all. Do you have a registry cleaner of any kind. I use Reg Supreme to clear out old entries after I uninstall anything. Then reboot before installing anything new. I'm sort of lost now on what to suggest next.

Jerry

5. Gristle

Gristle Member

Well I examined the driver files a little closer for my dvd drive. I found a particualr file that when removed my computer does not recognize my dvd drive but when you put it back all is good. I can remove almost every aspect of the dvd43 software except this one tiny driver file in my device manager for the drive. Here it is...C:\\Windows\System32\drivers\dvd43llh.sys

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

What version do you have by any chance? I've used dvd43 atleast over 3 months now and never had any problem with it. It has been great cracking the latest code protection from Sony's and other studios flawlessly. If you really don't want it inside your computer anymore then I suggest try to search for the file using Windows and delete all of it's stuff. However, for some reason you can't delete it, then go to registry and search again for it and manually delete it. It's even easier, if you know where it's located in your machine through "Registry" then delete it manually. After that, use both Reg & Windows to search for any related dvd43 and delete it again untill you search and find nothing. This should be simple. Perhaps, you might want to uninstall your dvd driver and rid of every dvd43 stuff, then reboot your comp. Once you restart Windows should recognize your dvd drive right away and install it for you. Hope this help.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  7. Gristle

Gristle Member

I will give it a try....thank you so much for your advice..