1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd43free & burning ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Joekay4, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Joekay4

Joekay4 Member

ok im back thnx for all those that have helped me so far. first question i downloaded dvd43free and it says 30days trial. i remember seeing a thread about this but i suk with comp :( and cant find it.so if anyone can give me the direct link to the site that would be great. second question is it possible to burn ps2 games such as grand theft auto? because i tried but dvd burner didnt even read it. thnx again

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes, you can burn PS2 games quite easy using DVD Decrypter. I have made a back up of my GTA San Andreas already so i know it works. Not sure why your burner didn't read it though. My Sony DRU710A reads evry PS2 game i have ever tried. There are only very rare amount of games that have not worked.

3. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

hey steimy, what dvds do you use.....
    ive used spin-x + teon.....
    my backup of goldeneye rogue agent skips during the video sequences

4. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Try Sony DVD-R or +R they are beter quality and easy to find,As for the spin-x + teon the are not good quality media.You could do better.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

6. Joekay4

Joekay4 Member

ok i downloaded the decrypter abd burned gta but when i put it in the ps2 it says not the same format. any ideas?

7. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

well redant, when i backed up gta s.a. w/ritek dvds it came out crappy, dark picture, and sometimes the ps wouldnt recognize the disc.
    when i used spin-x, which were cheap i admit, mgs3,freedom fighters, gta s.a.+ call of duty came out really sweet.
    now the problem i have now is with ghost recon2.
    rips+burn fine, but after loading ps2 dosnt reconize it.

8. Joekay4

Joekay4 Member

do i need to install a chip into my p2s and where do i get spin-x ???

9. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

hey joe:
    i never bothered w/the chip. ive read in places where it damages the ps2. im sure alot of ppl have it working fine for them.
    i use the flip-top case for the ps2 + the swap magic discs. rip+burn is easy, put in the swapmagic disc the normal way + wait for it tell you to load disc. then you put you burned disc and bam, ps2 backup

10. Joekay4

Joekay4 Member

im sry im lost lol. what is the flip top case and swap magic disc? can i use regular dvd disc?

11. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

fliptop is what you use if you dont want to chip your ps2 to play backups. you replace the top 1/2 of your ps2 w/a new case. that allows you another point of entry.http://www.ultimateconsoleguides.com/Installation.htm ****this site shows you hows it done + looks.
    swapmagic are a pair of discs. 1 is for cd game backups and the other for dvd game backups. ps2 wont recognize a copy of one of its games.
    so, after installing the flip-top case i backed up my original 'freedom fighters' game on a dvd-r (x4). first i put in swpmgc dvd disc the normal way into the ps2 when its done booting up, the dvd inside will stop spinning and the message on the screen will indicate its time to put in the other disc. second i push the button that flips open the new cases top, gently remove the swpmgc disc + put in my backup. third, i press the 'x' button, and if its good the screen will go red for a second and your backup will play.
    if you need detailed info its best to google it to gather info from various sites. depending on what type of discs you use and the speed you burn them, you'll have varying results.