1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd43free???

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by rice_boy, Sep 8, 2004.

1. rice_boy

rice_boy Member

i downloaded dvd43free and i have icopydvds2 but when i burn movies when they get done and i am watching them they freeze up sometimes i am new to this dvd burning so i jus want to know if this is a normal effect to this software and if not what am i doing wrong

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Skipping and freezing can sometimes be attributed to poor quality media. Your player may not like the media you are using. The most popular brands here at AfterDawn seem to be Ritek GO4 and Verbatim Datalife.
    I've had good experience with Maxell but they are a little high priced.

[​IMG]

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Or, you could be burning them too fast. Can you manually set the burn speed in icopydvds2? Also could be the compatibility of your player.

Have you tried DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter? (both free)

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Do you mean exceeding the media's burn rate or just burning at a faster speed in general? I was going to make a comment about the latter because I've read so many times that burning slower yields lower errors. Recently, I've noticed alot more people burning at 8x and claiming no problems. Personally I'm maxxed at 4x, so that doesn't affect me. I just want to be sure to guide others in the right direction.

[​IMG]

5. flip218

I myself have had poor results burning at 8x. I get skipping and freezing with my backups ... playing them on an XBox. Don't think I tried on my magnavox standalone. But backups burned at 4x and 2.4x never fail :) ... so for me it's best practice.

6. rice_boy

rice_boy Member

i read the replys and i went out and bought the verbatim with the advanced avo layer and i didn't get any skipping or freezing so i guess that did the job i used sony disks first but they were terriable but thanks for replys

7. flip218

rice_boy,

I also had problems with Sony media. TDK work ok for me, but prefer verbatim

8. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

Clean your dvd players

9. rice_boy

rice_boy Member

hey thanx for all of the help it is doin good now with the verbatim disks i can actually watch the movie now without all the freezing. i am now goin to end the thread thanx 4 everything...
    rice_boy