1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD5 and Hitachi

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mufaa, Mar 5, 2007.

1. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

I am getting all jealous when i see DVD5 releases for Samsung drives. Where does it leave us with Hitachi drives? Is there any way to play DVD5 games? A new FW maybe? Anything?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

sorry, not yet. Only the Extreme52 firmware can do that and it is only for the mighty Samsung drives.
    But no worries, all the teams i am sure are working on ways to improve the firmware.
    It is not a real big deal, most of the DVD5 releases are Xbox 1 games. You would REALY have to shrink a 360 game to get it onto DVD5.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

But it does come in handy to people who have given their ps2 to their kids and never owned an xbox. Scarface on DVD5 was what I was waiting for my ms28. And my son can't steal it with his 0059DJ.

4. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

I know, and i want to play Xbox 1 games. I never owned an Xbox and some of the games really interest me.

I hope the community are working for the Hitachi drive. I will be the most happiest.

Oh and not forget, a crack to make the drive region free, if at all possible. So many wishes, lol.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  5. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Hi,

SO...If I have a Samsung Xbox 360 flashed with Xtreme 5.2a(Latest), will it play back ups of Xbox1 games on a DVD-R or DVD+R? These games were orginal backed up to play on the original Xbox System with a soft mod. Also note, my Xbox 360 has been updated to play Original Xbox1 games with the updated software. ( the default.xex or something like that ). I thought I read somewhere( at the top of this thread ) it was possible. IF NOT, what do I need to do to make it work? I do not need to back them up to DVD+R DL as was stated in the past cause of the new Flashware.. Correct?

I would greatly appreciate anyones input and what they would have to say.

Jeff

6. theridges

theridges Guest

The ones that you burned for the Original Xbox wont work on the 360 you have to create the ISO a Certain way for them to work on the 360...

7. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Can you give me some details on how to do that?