1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD5 to DVD9

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by keltin29, Jan 13, 2007.

1. keltin29

keltin29 Member

Hi All,

I’ve read a billion web sites and many posts on how to rip DVDs, and actually, I’m pretty good at it. BUT, the problem is, I always take a DVD5 to DVD5 or a DVD9 to DVD5.

No problem there.

Today I am faced with an weird problem. I’ve got two DVD5 discs (a Playstation game) that should be a single DVD9 disc. I know where the layer break is supposed to be.

My problem is, of all my programs (UltraISO, DVDDecrypter, IMGBurn, Nero, DVDShrink, DVDFab, Clone DVD, Apache, etc), I’ve not got none that can take multiple files and put them together in a valid DVD9 format where you are allowed to specify layer breaks. My idea is, if the ISO is properly built, then Apache (a PS2 specific ISO utility) will see it AND the layer break. So far, nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas how to take 7 Gig of data and convert it to a valid DVD9 ISO (on your harddrive for testing first) along with the ability to specify the layer breaks. Basically, I have 17 files. 16 go on Layer 0 and the last goes on Layer 1. The IMG file is already created, but none of my afore mentioned programs recognizes the format (it is a PS2 game).

Any ideas?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

games are tricky..... I would to go the CONSOLE forum and ask your question there (PS2). But, ImgBurn has the option to where the layer break goes and allows you to pick where you want it to be.

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

PS2 games are another level (aka College) and ripping and burning DVD is like High School. If the final or original ISO is 4.3GB or higher, then you'll need to completely rebuild the whole ISO to fit into a single layer DVD5 (DVD-R or DVD+R) disc. Unless you have a modchipped (after-market modification PS2) that can handle DVD+R DL backups, then simply have DVD Decrypter rip and have DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn to burn the MDS file into a DVD+R DL media.

I used to rebuild PS2 games a lot in the past (hence, I even designed a guide on the PS2 forum and on my page under my links), but I've slow down the last 6 mos or so. I suggest you go to the PS2 DVD backup forums and post up your questions there.

Below are few tools that might be useful to you, just google around the net and you'll find them, even some are old, but they're good to keep.

Apache 2 or Apache 3
    ISO Buster Pro
    CD/DVD GEN 1.5
    Genie's ExPERT
    Genie's IML2ISO v4
    DVD Decrypter
    ImgBurn
    any new tool by Sonix

Best of luck!!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007