1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9 1:1

Discussion in 'PS2' started by carrick, Sep 30, 2004.

1. carrick

carrick Member

I was wondering if anyone on these forums has been able to make a successful 1:1 DVD9 backup and if in fact this is actually possible. I attempted to backup MGS2: Substance (PAL) using my LG 4120B burner (firmware version A111) and Verbatim DVD+R DL (the only dual layer media I could find). The burning process completed successfully at 2.4 speed using DVD Decrypter build 3.5.1.0 but when I put the DVD in my ps2 I get lots of loading noise and nothing else not even the DVD usual disc read error or "please insert ps1 or ps2 compatible disc" screens. I think my console version is 6 or 7 and I have a Messiah 2 pro chip, I have made working backups before on a range of both DVD+R and DVD-R media.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well so far the tests i did most of them worked apart for MGS from some reason ps2 will not reach the layer0 of MGS.... it does reach it on chamipons tho and xenosaga...

xenosaga worked on DVD+R DL champions worked but not MGS....

i modify some of the things on burner to make them burn the right way

1 you need a burner who can change the book type of the DVD+R DL into DVD-ROM so far this option works ONLY on pionner A08XLA/B and the bulk 108D

2 you need a chip that supports DVD9 silvers DMS3(latest firmware) Matrix Infinity

3 you need atleast v9-11 ps2 to read the dvd+r dl(this might not work in some cases but proven to work on my v9 ^_^ )

3. BushidoTW

BushidoTW Member

FYI, the NEC ND-3500A also has hacked firmware and utilities that will allow the Book Type to be changed.

www.rpc1.org
    tdb.rpc1.org

...and you can get the drive for as low as $76 USD.