1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9 and USB Advance?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Soupladel, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Soupladel

Soupladel Member

Is it possible to rip a DVD9 game such as god of war 2 and boot it via a USB hard rive using something such as USB Advance?

2. Soupladel

Soupladel Member

Ok I managed to get the iso ripped usuing USBInsane, but no surprises, the game wont load, is this something needs a patch for the iso or it will just never work with USB Advance?

I am using DMS4 Modchip btw.

3. SolidFox

SolidFox Member

I have the same problem. I use Swap Magic 3.6 and USBAdvance, which works, but when I attempt to load it, the screen stays blank. I suggest that if you have a chip, try burning the game to a DVD-R DL, since most recent mod chips will support them.

Any way.... does anyone know whether or not there IS a patch for God of War 2? And can I do this with Rogue Galaxy also?

4. Soupladel

Soupladel Member

tbh the reason i was asking about usbadvance was because i had run out of DVD9s, i since got some and burned it and the damn game freezes just before the fight with persius.

5. SolidFox

SolidFox Member

Well, I did the same thing you did, and got the same result. I'm currently looking for a patch for it.