1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd9 burn error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jd1968, Jan 11, 2005.

1. jd1968

jd1968 Guest

I tried to burn a video_ts files to my dvd9 after shrinking it but it could not go. I use nero, last version. Does anyone else experienced this problem and can give me some advice...thanks a lot.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Are you saying you shrunk a DVD9 and couldn't burn to a single layer disk or are you saying you couldn't burn to a DVD9 (dual layer)? Anyway, we need more info. What was the error message generated by Nero? Have you successfully burned DVDs before? Internal or external burner? What kind of media (DVD disk), i.e., brand, +R, -R, RW, speed of media--4X,8X? What brand of burner? Have you tried generating a ISO image file with Shrink and then burning the image file with DVD Decrypter?

3. jd1968

jd1968 Guest

sorry you're wright: the media is Ridata 2.4x +R, I use an ide burner from philips (dvd1620 dual layer), it is the very first time a try to burn dvd9 (most of all for cost reason). I usually burn successfully dvd5 with dvdshrink+nero. My target is to make a copy of my original dvd film to keep it in my camper. I used a dvdshrink with no compression to generate vob files, then i tried to burn them with nero on a dvd9 media, at the moment I don't have the specific error but has something to do with the impossibility to set initialization of layer one and disc-at-once session.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Given the state of current technology, DL burning is problematic. There is so little DL media available and the price is outrageous. Hence there is little experience available for solving DL burning problems. That said, here are some ideas.

Did you set the preferences in Shrink to a DVD9? It might be the case there is something wrong in the Nero setup for the burn. Maybe the name of the disk has violated a naming rule. To avoid problems there can be no white space in the name provided to Nero for the DVD to be burned. Are you using Nero burning ROM or Nero Express? Are you sure you have the most up to date version of Nero? Also have you updated your burner's firmware to the most recent version? I'm not positive but I think the Philips is the same as the BenQ 1620 burner. I guess it's possible your burner is not recognizing the media and cannot proceed. Have you tried outputing an ISO image file from Shrink and then burning that with Nero or with DVD Decrypter. Just make sure you have the most recent version of Decrypter. Hope this gives you some leads. I have no definitive solution in mind. Most of the time this is a trial and error problem solving exercise.

5. stxpsycho

stxpsycho Guest

Open Shrink and click on "edit" and then "preferences" From there set your target size to dvd-9. Now when you go to create an ISO, click on the name of the DVD in upper left corner and set to "no compression". That should do it, now all you have to do is burn the ISO file to disk after it is complete

6. jd1968

jd1968 Guest

I tried all the advice you gave me but I still have the same problem. Considering I bought the dvd burner a couple a months ago and I don't really have any idea on how to get eventually the newer firmware release, if maybe you can give some info about it also on how to do the update.

Now I'll report the exact error I'm encountering:

After using DVDShrink to create with DVD9 option and no layer break option, this is what I get burning with nero express ISO1_DVD (Mode1), ISO compilation, size 6383 / 726.15.73:

19.30.39 Burn process started at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)
    19.30.39 PHILIPS DVD1640P
    Burning Layer 1
    19.31.00 PHILIPS DVD1640P
    Session fixation error
    19.31.01 Generating DVDhigh compatibility borders
    19.31.01 PHILIPS DVD1640P
    Session fixation error
    19.31.01 PHILIPS DVD1640P
    Could not perform end of Disc-at-once
    19.31.01 Burn process failed at 2.4x
    Session fixation error (3,324 KB/s)

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

In my experience "session fixation errors" are usually the result of the burner and media not getting along. This has been the case for single layer media and I'm guessing it's probably the same for dual layer media.

You can download the newest firmware for your burner here: http://cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firmware/Home.aspx
    It's #2 on the listing. It was released 1/11/05 so it's brand new. It will update any 2.x version to the new 3.0 version. This may or may not solve your problem. If it doesn't I would try a different brand of media. I noticed from the review at http://cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=10686&PageId=15 that only 5 DL media types were supported by the earlier version of the burner. Perhaps this is the problem amd the new firmware will recognize more media types.

To flash your firmware, download the firmware archive noted above. Open the archive. Double click the application. Follow the directions.

8. jd1968

jd1968 Guest

I don't know how to thank for your help, you are so clear. I'll try everything this week-end and then I'll let you know.

By

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Just wanted to add that I've been having great results with Verbatim DVD+R DL at 4x. Hope you have better luck.

10. jd1968

jd1968 Guest

Where do you buy Verbatim DVD+R DL at 4x and at what's the price? I got RiData 2.4x at €.6 from www.eurochibi.it.

11. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

jd1968: Are you sure you have DL media? .6 euros seems too cheap. In the U.S., DL media costs at least 8 dollars each.

12. jd1968

jd1968 Guest

Thank you very much laddyboy you were wright, my problem was due to incompatibile media, I successfully tried with verbatim media. I used anyDvd + nero 6, it's very easy i just made a simple dvd copy and that's it. There no need of decription because anyDvd is a trs software that's works in backgroud and does the work on the fly...

Thank you again, hope to hear from on my next problem :)

13. Dokontra

Dokontra Guest

Hello. I read what`s above
    I have a similar problem.I use Nero 6 and a sony dvd r dl with verbatim+ dl and alwys error to to burn
    any idea?

14. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Hi All,

I have burned over 20 Dual Layer DVD's using CloneDVD2 on my Latest NEC DVD unit without any problems at all

1. In CloneDVD2 on the second menu just select your media you want to use.

15. Dokontra

Dokontra Guest

I tried with clone cd still no sucess

16. Dokontra

Dokontra Guest

i did one using dvd shrink,but still failure with nero6.