1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd9 burning

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by viddy228, Mar 15, 2007.

1. viddy228

viddy228 Member

I have a liteon sohw 1213s i thought it was a dual layer dvdrw when i bought it, but it doesnt read the memorex 2.4x dvd+r DL that i bought. I was hoping there is a simple soluion to this problem, i've tried to update the firmware but nero or alcohol 120% doesnt see the disk. Any ideas....

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

one reason might be because you bought memorex dvd media.you could have either the philips,ricoh,or ritek media code.according to www.videohelp.com.dvdmedia most users had success with the RICOHJPND00 media code and people with the media codes PHILIPS.CD2 and RITEK...D01 have no success with it.check your media code.and post back.

3. viddy228

viddy228 Member

Well i tried to check the disk for the media code but my drive still refuses to see the DL media. I tried the media check for a regular TDK and it checked those fine but no memorex DL..Before i waste another 16$ on 3 dvd dl disk i want to find out whats goin on.