1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9->DVD5 Got Tools?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by T-Minus10, Mar 5, 2003.

1. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

Hypothetically, I could downsize a DVD9 game to DVD5 by resampling the movies/music so they didn't take up as much space.

A) Does this work?

and

B) How can I convert to/from PS2 movie/music format as to resample and make smaller.

I know how to just trash/replace the large movie/music files. I'm trying to just downsize and keep all/most of the content.

If anyone has a good guide for this, please point me in the right direction.

2. Dills2214

Dills2214 Regular member

I could figure it out im sure if i knew what were the best tools to use. Anyone who does DVD to cdr games know???

3. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

most people who do DVD-R to CD-R just delete extra content. I want to resample and keep the extra content.

4. Annihilon

Annihilon Guest

Not easy. Most games not only go on the file names but on the sizes as well. This would require you to change a lot of code in the game as well.
    If you check out the nfo's of most rips, the groups that are responsible for the rip often downsample both sound and video clip quality to save space so what you say above can be done. I'm not too sure what computer software is going to allow you to do it though.

5. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member