1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9 Games to HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jinxt, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jinxt

jinxt Member

I know this is probably either really stupid or borderline genius (more than likely, the former), but... Are there any programs out there like cdvdgen for making PS2 images that will let you make a single layer image with overlapping LBA info?

I pretty much have no clue what I'm talking about since I have never made any patches and don't know how to hex edit (although I'm very interested in learning how if anyone out there has the time and patience to help me out).After doing many hours of research, I've come to the comclusion that the reason we can't play DVD9 games off the HDD is because the physical LBA address of the files the game is trying to access from the second layer of the disk are placed at the beginning (inside) of the disk. This, of course is what PTP parallel track path is. So, theoretically, if someone patched HDLoader or HDAdvanced to read DL, things would work... But we all know that's not happening anytime soon. The other way to acheive this would be to patch an existing cd-dvd generator (or just make a new one) so that it would ignore overlapping LBA addresses. That way we could generate an iso that was a single layer and change the physical address of the files on the 2nd layer to fall where the game is looking for them. Although I suppose that just couldn't work at all. I guess it was a stupid idea. Anyone have any ideas, theories, or suggestions about this?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  2. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

You could try using HDL Dumb and using that program and send the ISO image to the PS2 HD.

sig removed ... you will be banned if not removed

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  3. jinxt

jinxt Member

It's my understanding that HDLoader does not support dual layer iso's. I will try it though since I'm only assuming this because others have said it doesn't work. I will try using hdl_dumb and winhiip to load the image as originally ripped with dvdecrypter and I will try it again recompiling the image with cdvdgen. Not hopeful, but I am not stopping till I find out how to fix this issue. If anyone knows anything about programming or hex editing and would be willing to either teach me or at least guide me in the right direction then please feel free to contact me. I learn quick and don't give up easily.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

faizal5k,

your on the fast track to getting banned.

5. faizal5k

faizal5k Member

yea I know I was about to be banned. but I took off the sig :)

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

good call .... I don't know what made you think you could post that in your sig. Many have been banned for shit like that.