1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9 Image..Can I split it...??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LazyStud, Apr 4, 2007.

1. LazyStud

LazyStud Member

i have this DVD9 Image can I split it in halfs and still be bootable..??

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Yes, but I'd use DVDCopy5 for the job instead of Shrink. It's easier. http://www.intervideo.com/ There's a full function trial you can try out. If you know how to use Shrink in Reauthor, it's no more difficult to handle an image folder as a file folder. There's plenty of Shrink guides around.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  3. mybarras

mybarras Member

dont forget pacman777 my good old friend DVD DECRYPTER lol:)

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The question was can you split it and it still be bootable right? Well are you talking about a disk that will boot up your PC for example to load an operating system or are you just talking about a disk that automatically plays when inserted into your drive?

If you are looking for a bootable disk that will boot up your system then I am afraid you posted in the wrong forum

Now if you are looking to see if Shrink can split this disk then the answer is yes it can. Just use the "Start end Frame" function in Shrink to select a chaper to end and start at. For example your DVD has 30 chapters so for the first disc set it to end at chapter 15 then on the second disk set it to start at the 16th chapter and end at 30. I am at work right now so i can't provide a picture of how to this but if you have a look at this you will get a general idea of what I am talking about Setting Start End Frames

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LazyStud
    Since you're in the Shrink forum, I'm assuming you're referring to a video image.

bbmayo explained the Shrink process. I just happen to have a couple of programs that automatically split a DVD9 to 2 DVD5s and they will be playable on your standalone or in player software on the PC. DVDCopy 5 splits to 2 DVD5s if you don't check fit to 1 disc. DVDFab Platinum has Split as one of the main options along with Full DVD, Movie (with or without menu), and Customize. Those two programs take no work, just click and go. Of course Shrink is free. You can get trials for the programs I mentioned. DVDCopy5 has to have a decrypter but DVDFab Platinum has its own built in.
    http://www.dvdidle.com (DVDFab Platinum)
    http://www.intervideo.com (DVDCopy5)

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

One other program that will also do as described by PacMann777 is CloneDVD 2
    CloneDVD2 Guide

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

bbmayo
    Guess I'm never too old to learn. LOL I missed that one. Where is the selection in CloneDVD 2 for splitting to 2 DVD5s?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There isn't a selection but if you look at the guide you will see how easy it is. If I am backing up and trying to get a 1:1 copy by putting it on two DVD5 disks I always use CloneDVD 2 even though I do have DVD Copy 5. You may wonder why well to be honest it is quicker and you can then have the menus and extra feature on both disks intead of just one :)

Oh yeah there is another free way that will allow the menus to be functional (Shrink won't do that)and that would be using VobBlanker, but that is a little more difficult and produces the same results as CloneDVD 2.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I was just wondering, the programs I listed do the split by checking a selection instead of editing. As we've shown, there's all kinds of ways to get a split video to retain 1:1 on DVD5. There you go LazyStud. Like I said before. Yes.