1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9 not playing properly on some DVD players

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dwayneg, Jan 30, 2008.

1. dwayneg

dwayneg Member

Hi,

I have a question that Im hoping someone can answer for me...

I produced an instructional DVD (DVD9) that has very intricate menuing (over 130 menus). I've tried it out on 4 DVD players so far.

It works perfectly in two of the DVD players, but in the other two, the DVD just stops when im trying to get to some of the menus. Like its not reading the disc properly.

Im wondering if the age of the players (The two DVD players that dont work properly are both more than 5 years old) or the quality of the DVD players (one is a Citizen JDVD3841w and the other is just a $39 bottom of the line DVD player) has anything to do with it.

Id like to know if there is an explanation as to why it works in some DVD players, and not the others, as I am trying to reasonably determine how frequently my customers will encounter this sort of problem.

Thanks for your help

Dwayne

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Probably the old players couldn't handle dvd9 discs. DL discs, for burning, weren't around when those players were built.

Did you use +R DL? Did you booktype them? Booktyping may make a difference.