1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9 Split to 2 DVDs ... cannot remove subtitles

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mlambert, Oct 15, 2002.

1. mlambert

mlambert Member

Hi,
    I can successfully split a DVD9 to 2 DVDs but subtitles appear in the movie .. not at the bottom but actually inside the movie itself.
    What am I doing wrong ??

2. forker

forker Member

Hey, I actually had this same problem. Actually while copying Bully to 2 DVD-R's the second disc had no audio in the primary audio program and automatically used the Spanish subtitles. Weird... You should always post what version of ifoedit you are using. I am guessing that you use 0932. I suggest downloading 091 and splitting with that. 0932 does not do the chapters on the second disc correctly for some reason, so weird things start happening. I'm not sure if this issue was resolved in 094 or not. But for now, I suggest using 091 to split, then 0932 for any additional ifo editing (such as second disc auto start, since 091 causes some type of delay supposedly). Also, if you are already splitting to 2 DVD-R's I suggest you do not select the strip streams option just so ifoedit can't fudge the streams too. Hope this is of some help. Let us know if it works out.

3. mlambert

mlambert Member

Thanks for the help .. but by the way you are talking you do not have the same problem as me.
    My problem has nothing to do with the 2nd dvd, no audio problems,. no splitting problems,. no sync problems .... just subtitles over the movie problems.