1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdclone & anydvd. No sound

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sheps, Apr 22, 2005.

1. sheps

sheps Member

Hi all,
    I have been using anydvd alongside CloneDVD2. I have no complaints as yet, but have recently has two problems.
    1st. After copying 'Forgotten'.I put it into my DVD player, it started, but froze after the distributors logo appeared. To get the dvd out of the machine I had to unplug the machine first.
    2nd. After copying 'The Rock' I played it through my dvd player. The picture was perfect, but no sound. Both these copies were fine played through my computer.
    Has anyone had similar problems, and are there any answers to these problems??

Regards to all.

Sheps

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Sounds like your standalone does not like the disk you fed it, have you changed media? Also, what speed were you burning at, try slowing down to 4x or 2x to see if this works. Just because it plays on the comp does not mean it will play on the standalone, and vice versa.

3. sheps

sheps Member

Hi Arniebear,
    I have had no problem with my discs before and my stand alone has not been changed. I will try a slower speed and see if that will work.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Sheps

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hope this solves the problem. Make sure you have your AnyDVD and CloneDVD up to date, they have been coming out with updates daily since there major revision. Also you might want to try

http://www.cdfreaks.com

there has been a number of people experiencing difficulties with these new versions and you can read through some of the posts. You can also try free programs DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, sometimes other programs work better for some movies. There are excellent guides in my sig by Scuba Pete and bbmayo which will get you through the process. Also, read through the newbie thread for more sites and information. I own AnyDVD and CloneDVD and also use Shrink and Decrypter it is nice to have variety. Happy burning.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005