1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdcloner2, dvdsanta, good or so-so?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by amaze122, Nov 9, 2004.

1. amaze122

amaze122 Member

I never see these tools being discussed and I just recently purchased both of them. Now I am hearing people tell me that I could have gotten better performance from some of the free tools out there. Is this true?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink is freeware and one of the best out there for backing up DVDs. For going conversions TMPGEnc is a great one and generally gives better results than DVD Santa in my limited experience with it though it does cost $$.

3. amaze122

amaze122 Member

I also have that software, (TMPGEnc Plus), but use it for joining mpegs together, before I convert, and then burn them using dvdSanta. I didn't know you could use it (TMPGEnc Plus), for backing up/ripping dvds! I am going to the "guide" section right now, to see if I can find a guide using it to covert my mpegs to dvd files and burn them.

4. Nephilim

Actually DVD Shrink is the one for ripping /compressing DVDs and is well worth checking out :)

5. amaze122

amaze122 Member

Yeah, but I was told in one of the guides that it only is to be used when the dvd is over 4.64gb in size...

6. Nephilim

It does perfectly fine for any size DVD. For a DVD-5 it'll just rip and burn with no compression :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004