1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDD Ripped ISOs + Daemon Tools = problems?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by raddygast, Mar 8, 2005.

1. raddygast

raddygast Member

I am using PowerDVD 4. I have just noticed a problem.

I've ripped The Graduate Special Edition in ISO mode with DVDD. I'm using Daemon Tools to mount the ISO as a virtual drive. (tried both mounting the MDS and the ISO). Using the drive in PowerDVD, either the program just hangs and I have to End Task, or it works. However, if it works, I have noticed that when I try to fast forward at high speed (greater than 8x) the program just hangs.

Is this a limitation of PowerDVD 4? Or a problem with Daemon Tools? Or.... could it be a bad rip? I'd just like to know because I am ripping about 7 DVD's that I've borrowed from a friend and I want to make sure there's nothing wrong with ISO mode.

P.S. Is there a way to turn an ISO into a File Structure layout without using Daemon Tools or some emulator to mount the ISO as a virtual drive and then trick DVDD into decrypting (into files) from that virtual drive?

2. raddygast

raddygast Member

Can't be a bad rip. Did the same thing with Breaking The Waves.

But I tried an experiment. I tried:

a) Using DVDD to decrypt from the virtual drive (mounted ISO), except this time in File mode. PowerDVD played back the file structure NO PROBLEM.

b) Browsing the virtual drive (mounted ISO), I just copied the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders manually with windows explorer. Copied them to the hard drive. PowerDVD played back the copied file structure NO PROBLEM.

So this is really a Daemon Tools problem, no?

3. HackerBob

HackerBob Guest

i tryed demon tools but whenever i insall my computer crashes and reboots? any help?