1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvddecrypter 3.5.4.0

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by cincyrob, Mar 26, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

has there been a update to dvddecrypter? i thought this wasnt supported any more? i went to open ripit4me and told me there was a new version of dvddecrypter. has anyone else seen this also.

2. onya

onya Guest

Just out of curiosity, I opened Ripit and got an update to vers 1.7.1.0 but no FixVts or Decrypter updates. Have you downloaded yet?

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i downloaded it. it wrote right over the other version i had. and as far as which version that was i honestly couldnt say. been so long since i checked it knowing there isnt any updates for it... but the new version i downloaded(not for sure if its new or not) is 3.5.4.0

i dont know if i just had a older version or not.. but i have used ripit4me a hundred times why wouldnt it say i needed a update of dvddecryptor all those other times i used it?? just curious.

4. onya

onya Guest

Thats real strange, and you'd be right in saying so. Maybe you did have an older vers and the tool path was set to it......could be? Do a quick check to see if there are multiple copies lurking around, especially if your not the only user.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

version 3.5.4.0 is the latest version of DVDDecrypter and that hasn't changed in over 2 yrs now! DVDD is a great program the LightningUK is the author and it's not updated anymore because of Big Brother stopped it! Sooooooo LightningUK produced another great program called ImgBurn and it's great! You can Build ISO and write ISO too! One of the best burning programs available and has a lot of the DVDDecrypter features, too! If you have RipIt4Me then it already had the 3.5.4.0 version of DVDDecrypter! I really doubt that RipIt4Me advised you of a new version of DVDDecrypter but advised you of RipIt4me or FixVTS but now RipIt4Me incorperates FixVTS right into it's programming! Maybe you misunderstood Cincyrob?

6. ireland

ireland Active member

Macrovision Corporation recently acquired the intellectual property rights in all versions of DVD Decrypter from its author, Lightning UK!.

so if ye downloaded a update i would worry!!!!!!!!

24 November 2005 7:48 by dRD
    [picture]Macrovision Corporation recently acquired the intellectual property rights in all versions of DVD Decrypter from its author, Lightning UK!. As the current owner of the intellectual property rights in DVD Decrypter Macrovision has contacted us to inform that "any license granted by Lightning UK! to AfterDawn for the distribution of any version of the Software [DVD Decrypter] is hereby terminated with immediate effect."

Even though the means used to acquire the rights to DVD Decrypter bore probably more resemblance to the common methods of the entertainment industry, we have no reason to object the request made by Macrovision. They do, in any case, own the rights to the software, and are entitled to enforce any policy they see fit.

The DVD Decrypter install package will be removed from our servers by Sunday, November 27th, or as soon as it is technically possible.

After it's development was ceased in June DVD Decrypter has been surpassed by several other software, such as AnyDVD and DVDFab Decrypter. One of the best features in DVD Decrypter was it's image burning engine, which allowed the burned disc to be verified against the image file. Luckily that feature is now available in Lightning UK!'s new software, ImgBurn.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7056.cfm

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats what makes it so odd. it said there was a new version of DVDD and when i clicked on it it took me right to the site to download it. i think when i get home i will try and find the other version i had, and reinstall it.

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@cincyrob........
    well when I go to HELP/ CHECK FOR UPDATE this is what I get:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there isn't a DVDDecrypter page anymore! so there isn't any updates and what you got was something else..... probably an update for RipIt4Me not DVDDecrypter!