1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDdecrypter for ps2? You can, I repeat, you can.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by menmaddi, Jan 18, 2003.

1. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

All this time I had been led to believe (by some afterdawners who shall remain nameless) that you can't use DVDdecrypter to burn ps2 games. You can.

How can it be any easier? With only one writer)

2. rutsup32

rutsup32 Member

I agree this program rocks, 45+ ps2 dvd burns no problems!!!!I guess others would rather use a 15 step process to get to the same point???your right it dosent get any easier...so why make it harder.......

3. thaigirl

thaigirl Guest

How? Please inform me.

Thaigirl

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

15 step process?? Its probably faster with Alcohol120%. Just put the disc in the DVD Rom and the DVD-R in the burner. Two clicks...and 15 minutes later...a back up.

5. rutsup32

rutsup32 Member

to copy original:just open dvd decrypter and select mode/iso/read ,from the file menu with your ps2 game to copy in the dvdr drive. the program will then read disk...just pick destination location to make iso of disk. When complete instead of iso/read.............. pick iso /write from the file menu directing to the iso on the harddrive you just made.put a blank dvd in your writer,then click the write button..its that easy( remember to delete the iso when complete unlese you have a few gigs to waste:).....enjoy

6. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

MrFixit,

Is Alchohol120% as stable a program as DVDdecrypter? I have been reading about some issues with it. User error? Where can I download it?

DVDdecrypter is just such a versatile program being that I am into backing up movies too. Does Alchohol do all that DVDdecrypter does?

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It's not all about being easier. it's about getting a correct burn. I do believe DVD Decrypter can do a good backup PS2 titles BUT just as with PS1 titles (needing certain settings to be burned correctly) there might be some problems booting a backup made by DVD Decrypter. I have to make clear though, that DVD Decrypter makes an ISO of all the info on the disc which SHOULD be no problem. But only time will tell as developers make new ways to combat making backups.

8. ohyes

ohyes Guest

Hi guys
    Before you start to burn the iso,do you need to change the "data type" from "mode1/2048" to anything else or is that setting ok? I know it's ok for movies but unsure about ps2 games...
    Cheers Ohyes

9. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

If you are asking about DVDdecrypter, you can leave the default settings.

10. ohyes

ohyes Guest

menmaddi

I was asking about dvddecrypter and thanks for the reply
    Cheers ohyes

11. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

No problem.

If you run into a booting issue with DVDdecrypter, I also like RecordNow DX or where you are Prassi.

Also, watch out for the media dilema. I found that Memorex DVD-Rs will not play in my V4 ps2 but cheaper Riteks play nicely.