1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDDECRYPTER

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JWabbott, Sep 22, 2007.

1. JWabbott

JWabbott Guest

DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE DIRECTIONS ON IT HOW TO USE DVDDECRYPTER?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  2. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

3. dj928

dj928 Member

Hi Chris - I just wanted to make sure that when using DL discs with DVD Decrypter, I don't have to make any changes to the setup? I just bought a set of my first DL discs and they are expensive so I wanted to make sure I didn't just do the usual process if there's something specific that needs to be done for DL. I bought DL Verbatim DVD+R discs. Thanks :)

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

5. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Hi LOCOENG the guide I gave him was BbMayo for the DVDFab and Image burn.Chris

6. LOCOENG

Sorry Chris, I didn't even check your link.

7. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Hey LOCOENG no problem we're all here to help and share I was just giving a little more info than asked for.We know good info was given out between the two of us.Chris

8. dj928

dj928 Member

Hi LOCOENG, I tried that link about imgburn but couldn't get very far with it. Should I post for help somewhere else for this? Thank you again. :)

9. LOCOENG

If you have a question about the guide you can ask here. Where are you hitting a snag?

10. dj928

dj928 Member

I'm embarassed to say at the very beginning. I didn't understand the first line where it read:

<<Firstly make sure your Vob, Ifo and Bup files are in a folder called VIDEO_TS>>

Doesn't DVD Decrypter already do this? I tried going to the next step and selecting the movie folder - didn't work - so I tried to get it to select the VIDEO folder - couldn't get anything to open. Nothing happened as if the window wasn't recognizing anything I was trying to click on. So I can't get any further than that. Either I'm missing a simple step somewhere or there's more I need to do that I didn't realize. Thanks. :)

11. LOCOENG

It really depends on which mode you use to rip in with DVDD. If you rip in file mode a VIDEO_TS folder will be generated (this holds true with DVDFab HD Decrypter as well), if you rip in ISO mode you will be given an ISO image file. For the folder you use "build" mode in Imgburn and "write" mode if you have an ISO file. Depending on which file type you are working with simply switch your burning mode and browse to the file/folder you want to burn.

12. dj928

dj928 Member

Hmmm, I try to always use Video_TS mode and do see that folder under the moviename. By the way, in the guide you sent me, it states to open the movie folder - in a more recent guide (same author), it shows to open the VIDEO_TS folder within the movie folder. Do you know which I should do (once I can get my computer to recognize it)?

Thanks.

13. LOCOENG

Browse to the movie and expand it to reveal the VIDEO_TS folder and select it. If you are in the right mode that should be as far as you can go.

14. trdgts

trdgts Member

I've been out of the loop for a long time, I've been using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink since the beginning to make my backups.

i will look into switching to DVDFab HD Decrypter since this is the second time today I have seen this recommendation. Will someone explain why this is better?

My first guess would be that it's because dvd decrypter is no longer supported? thanks! =)

15. LOCOENG

That is my only reason for the recommendation...basically you will run into a movie that DVDD and DVD Shrink won't handle sooner or later and will have to look for an alternative. In this cases DVDFab HD Decrypter fits the bill quite well.

16. trdgts

trdgts Member

thanks LOCOENG! i'll be making the switch soon. like you said i might run into a dvd i wont be able to back up with the old program so might as well prepare myself!

17. LOCOENG

No problem...happy burning.

18. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

my PC crashed and burned and they had to do a system restore, so I am back to what it was when I opened the box (5yrs ago) and I do not have a back up of my DVD Decrpyter file.. Anyone will to send it to me.

19. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

20. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008