1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFAB 10 - expires and forces you to buy it?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by enginman, Jan 23, 2017.

1. enginman

enginman Member

I've been using V10 for a little while now, ever since they released it. Today it came up and said that it has expired and I have to buy it even to just use the rip function. What's up with that? I've gone back to V9 for the time being. Also, I've experienced a lot of issues with V10, everything from crashes to not opening the drives when done to looking like it is ripping and when it's done I find nothing in then destination folder. Guess I said all that to say I'm not very impressed with the direction it's going. Why can't somebody make a product that just rips so I can back up my discs without 1,000 bells and whistles and all that bloat. It's got to take a least a minute for V10 to load and I'm running on a fairly fast machine. Your thoughts please on all of the above.

2. thebox

thebox Member

When you startup V10 or any version for that matter, there is a list of products that state what expires. The only thing doesn't expire is the Decrypter option. So the message you got was for a product listed that expired.
    As for your other issues, it could depend on what OS you are using.
    Maybe try a beta of V10 and see if that helps.

3. enginman

enginman Member

OK, so I clicked the X to close the message box and it started copying, weird! Thanks!